Beechwood 78 Holmes 68

With Holmes being down this year, and Beechwood living large I would have expected a bigger spanking. I'm eager to hear more about this one. Is Holmes better than their record might suggest to be able to only lose by 10 against the Tigers, or did Beechwood back down and play their bench allowing the Dogs to keep it respectable?

With Holmes being down this year, and Beechwood living large I would have expected a bigger spanking. I'm eager to hear more about this one. Is Holmes better than their record might suggest to be able to only lose by 10 against the Tigers, or did Beechwood back down and play their bench allowing the Dogs to keep it respectable?

Beechwood did not go to their bench to keep it close, Holmes was with in 6 with 3 minutes to go. This was probably the best Holmes has played this year against a quality opponent. Very physical game, Holmes lost 2 players to fouls and Beechwood lost one I believe. Not dirty in any way, just both teams playing hard. Ryan Green picked up two quick fouls for Holmes in the first three minutes, which didn't help Holmes at all. My first look at Beechwood this year, they are very good and seem to box out well under the boards. No surprise , Draud led Beechwood with 33 and Brannon had 14. Holmes was led by Pouncy with 21 and Foster with 15, nice game off the bench for Tez Calloway with 11. Holmes actually won the battle of the boards 37 to 34 with Foster grabbing 14. Good luck to the Tigers in the class A as they have a very good Newport public team.

Beechwood did not go to their bench to keep it close, Holmes was with in 6 with 3 minutes to go. This was probably the best Holmes has played this year against a quality opponent. Very physical game, Holmes lost 2 players to fouls and Beechwood lost one I believe. Not dirty in any way, just both teams playing hard. Ryan Green picked up two quick fouls for Holmes in the first three minutes, which didn't help Holmes at all. My first look at Beechwood this year, they are very good and seem to box out well under the boards. No surprise , Draud led Beechwood with 33 and Brannon had 14. Holmes was led by Pouncy with 21 and Foster with 15, nice game off the bench for Tez Calloway with 11. Holmes actually won the battle of the boards 37 to 34 with Foster grabbing 14. Good luck to the Tigers in the class A as they have a very good Newport public team.

I haven't seen these Dogs yet this season, but would like to check them out at least once to see what they're about, and what we might expect in the next couple seasons. I'm excited to hear that they were able to hang with the Tigers.

I haven't seen these Dogs yet this season, but would like to check them out at least once to see what they're about, and what we might expect in the next couple seasons. I'm excited to hear that they were able to hang with the Tigers.

Holmes playes Highlands Monday in Covington, come on down and stop by and say hello. The JV team is 7 and 1 with a nice win over a really good Beechwood JV team last night.

Holmes playes Highlands Monday in Covington, come on down and stop by and say hello. The JV team is 7 and 1 with a nice win over a really good Beechwood JV team last night.

That sounds really tempting, but Newport at Beechwood in the All 'A' Classic same night is a hard one to ignore. I do have my eye on the Holmes/Holy Cross game coming up even though CovCath plays Campbell County same night, and while that could be a good one in Park Hills, I don't think I'll die if I miss it.

For me the season isn't complete until I've seen the Dawgs somewhere along the way, so I'm really gonna try to make room for them in the Crosstown Shootout with the Cross.

That sounds really tempting, but Newport at Beechwood in the All 'A' Classic same night is a hard one to ignore. I do have my eye on the Holmes/Holy Cross game coming up even though CovCath plays Campbell County same night, and while that could be a good one in Park Hills, I don't think I'll die if I miss it.

For me the season isn't complete until I've seen the Dawgs somewhere along the way, so I'm really gonna try to make room for them in the Crosstown Shootout with the Cross.

That's always a good one to see, the Bulldogs are playing hard and making baby steps. The pop corn is really good also, stop by and say hello.