Kyler Murray to Return to OU??

UKMustangFan

Russell Wilson was told the same thing.

Wilson is 5'11".

The shortest starting QB in NFL history with any level of excess is Doug Flutie and he was 2-3 inches taller than Murray.

I'll retract my "zero chance" statement and say there is a less than 5% chance.

Wilson is 5'11".

The shortest starting QB in NFL history with any level of excess is Doug Flutie and he was 2-3 inches taller than Murray.

I'll retract my "zero chance" statement and say there is a less than 5% chance.

I would say the odds are against him having success but the NFL has changed and not all are pocket passers.

If a team is willing to adapt their offense so that every pass play involves getting out of the pocket, I'm sure Murray could have a decent NFL career.

As it stands, he literally wouldn't be able to see over his lineman most of the time.

If a team is willing to adapt their offense so that every pass play involves getting out of the pocket, I'm sure Murray could have a decent NFL career.

As it stands, he literally wouldn't be able to see over his lineman most of the time.

And rolling out that much you are going to get hit a lot. He will never be very big or heavy and just can't take hits from guys the size they are in the NFL. I mean guys bigger than him didn't last doing that so...

Also I'm not sure being on the move and getting hit more is going to be good for the long term health of your 5'10 190 pounds QB.

I will at this...Murrary is listed at 5'10" 195lbs. If that is truly what he is I will amend my position. However listening to talking heads he wouldn't measure 5'10" standing on a stool. If he truly is as short as some speculate then I say there is little chance he's more than 180.

In the long term baseball is probably path to more money, but he’ll have to spend a couple years in the minors and there is no guarantee he makes the majors. Despite being a High draft pick, he’s still viewed as a project with a high upside. If he plays football he will be a first round pick. Kyler clearly loves football. That’s where his heart is. Make your money in football and see where it goes. Baseball will always be there. Football will pass you by. In the majority of cases I would suggest baseball, Kyler just seems different.

“As it stands”.

I saw that.