Loyola Academy (IL) 48 Covington Catholic 28

Yikes-CCH is getting way better though, and when Mayer gets into the fold, they will be that much better.

Yes...their 28 points isn't indicative of just how well they're playing as a team. Loyola is very good, and a great challenge that helped the Colonels grow. This has been a good trip for them, and I'm sure that their confidence and team play will now make them a very touch match for anyone in the 9th.

I am not saying that CovCath isn't getting better, I think they are a top 10 team, but reality is Loyola is not that great a team. This game would concern me. 28 points against an average team seems a step in the wrong direction.

I am not saying that CovCath isn't getting better, I think they are a top 10 team, but reality is Loyola is not that great a team. This game would concern me. 28 points against an average team seems a step in the wrong direction.

No. Loyola, Ill. Is a very, very good team. Could beat ANY team in KY. CCH could have played better, but Loyola played an outstanding game.

No. Loyola, Ill. Is a very, very good team. Could beat ANY team in KY. CCH could have played better, but Loyola played an outstanding game.

How are they a very, very good team? They are not even ranked in the top 20 in any division in Illinois.

Maxpreps even has them ranked 2500+.