Blue Jackets 3 Devils 0 (NHL)

swamprat

Columbus is finding their stride right now and playing some hard nosed hockey. Atkinson is having a fantastic year. It'll be interesting to see what the Bobrovsky/Panarin decisions will be over the next couple months.

Are you talking trade bait? Do you not think they need both for a Cup run?

The Jackets are in a very tough spot. Panarin has all but said he doesn't want to be in Columbus long-term. Bobrovsky's a FA next year and 30 years old and will command a 7-8 year mega contract. Rumors have circled around that contract negotiations have gone nowhere on that front. The Jackets are like the Bengals and can't win in the first round. Do you go all-in with the team you have and hope to win the cup and then lose these guys for nothing next year or do you move one/both of them if a great deal comes up at the deadline? Personally, the Panarin loss would be tougher to take for me. The dude is a legit star and he'll be worth his future contract. I'm not sure about Bobrovsky. I'm thinking it'll be like the Carey Price contract and mega contract for Bob will kill the team in future years.

The Jackets are in a very tough spot. Panarin has all but said he doesn't want to be in Columbus long-term. Bobrovsky's a FA next year and 30 years old and will command a 7-8 year mega contract. Rumors have circled around that contract negotiations have gone nowhere on that front. The Jackets are like the Bengals and can't win in the first round. Do you go all-in with the team you have and hope to win the cup and then lose these guys for nothing next year or do you move one/both of them if a great deal comes up at the deadline? Personally, the Panarin loss would be tougher to take for me. The dude is a legit star and he'll be worth his future contract. I'm not sure about Bobrovsky. I'm thinking it'll be like the Carey Price contract and mega contract for Bob will kill the team in future years.

Panarin's agent said they'll meet during the All-Star break to discuss Panarin's future with the Columbus Blue Jackets.