Walton Verona 58 Anderson County 45

Essentially a 6-8 point game throughout. Anderson got it to 4 several times but every time they would make a little run WV would hit a big 3 or score off an offensive rebound. They had a good game plan but probably didn't attack the basket quite enough allowing WV to sell out on the 3 later in the game. I think Anderson might have turned some heads tonight.

Edited by BigVMan23

Closer than I expected. How did Miles play?

3 points, a few rebounds, wasn't many, and I remember a couple of assists. AC limited him very well. Just by being a lanky 6'10 he's always going to be some factor in the lane on defense in many games, if nothing else than making kids think twice about driving the lane, but that was about it. The other big guy did more damage and their wings hit some big 3s that really hurt.

I think WV is happy that they won rather then Miles scoring 50 points. IMO coach Brannan made a good halftime adjustments with AC playing Miles in a box and 1, that's why it's WV Bearcats team. WV played good defense and team ball. AC did have a great plan and play hard, but the plan was to stop just one player! Just my opinion.

I think WV is happy that they won rather then Miles scoring 50 points. IMO coach Brannan made a good halftime adjustments with AC playing Miles in a box and 1, that's why it's WV Bearcats team. WV played good defense and team ball. AC did have a great plan and play hard, but the plan was to stop just one player! Just my opinion.

Can't take everything away, if they could AC would be top in the region (or anyone else who could). They did a great job on Miles, that opened up some 3's and WV drained enough of them to maintain a 6-8 point lead for most of the game.

Again, Miles didn't have one of his best games, but you keep saying how AC STOPPED him, but with a few calls that went AC's way by the referee that weren't the greatest calls by far. Coach Brannan countered with his 3 guards, and they did what they were supposed to, which is knock down open 3's! That's how you win games. I would venture that most teams in Ky high school would love to have a lanky 6"11 kids on their team. I think that's why Xavier signed him and Louisville, WKY, West Virginia among other schools were recruit him. As Coach Steel said, the kid is just scratching the surface.

Again, Miles didn't have one of his best games, but you keep saying how AC STOPPED him, but with a few calls that went AC's way by the referee that weren't the greatest calls by far. Coach Brannan countered with his 3 guards, and they did what they were supposed to, which is knock down open 3's! That's how you win games. I would venture that most teams in Ky high school would love to have a lanky 6"11 kids on their team. I think that's why Xavier signed him and Louisville, WKY, West Virginia among other schools were recruit him. As Coach Steel said, the kid is just scratching the surface.

The way Walton has been hyoed they should have won by 20.

No, I didn't blame the referees. I stated that Miles didn't play well with the help of a few bad calls. Read the post before you quote me please. But they didn't stop him coach Brannan made an adjustment because he had 3 guys on almost everytime he touch the ball. That how I saw it!

I’m pretty sure Pardee is the leading scorer for Walton. He had 8 in this game. So, I don’t think the plan was just about Miles. It appeared to me the plan was to limit Walton around the rim. Like most really good teams do they counter punched by hitting the 3 and caused AC to turn the ball over to much.