Highlands 21 Beechwood 14 (JV)

BWTigers

Any idea why Highlands wasn’t just trying to run out the Clock at the End? Up 7 with the Ball with around 2:00 to go and they throw an Interception. What gives? Run the Football. I don’t care if they are loading the Box. You are getting 3-4 yards per run play and it’s nearly Impossible for the Other team to stop the Clock. Game over. Perplexing. Good thing Highlands Defense stepped up at the End. LUCKY!

Nice, Beechwood is a quality program. Just curious, I thought the JVs of the Varsity teams the night before played? In other words why did Highlands JV not play Dixie JV? Fall break strikes again?

Big improvement for Beechwood. I believe Highlands beat Beechwood JV by a lopsided score (35-0?) in a game at the start of the year. Beechwood's line did a good job at the line of scrimmage. Beechwood wasn't able to pass the ball so they went to a running game.

Have you ever seen 11 men in the box at midfield? This happened many times in the game. When Beechwood went to their power I, Highlands put 11 men in the box. The safeties were up tight to the line with the linebackers. There was no Highlands defender more than 5 yards off the line. Highlands defense was able to play that way because Beechwood was struggling passing it.

Odd play that I have never seen before in football. Highlands scored and was trailing 14-13. They ran a fake kick on the extra point. The Highlands runner rolled right. As he neared the goal line there were Beechwood defenders close enough that he thought he might not get in. At the last second as Beechwood defenders hit him just before the goal line he threw the ball and completed it. However, he was past the line of scrimmage when he threw it so illegal forward pass. That is a loss of down play so Highlands was not allowed to try for the extra point(s) again. Beechwood led 14-13 after that failed extra point try. I have never seen an illegal forward pass on an extra point try that resulted in the team losing their chance to get the extra point.

Nice, Beechwood is a quality program. Just curious, I thought the JVs of the Varsity teams the night before played? In other words why did Highlands JV not play Dixie JV? Fall break strikes again?

Is Dixie fielding a JV team? They might be doing the froshmore team only. Earlier in the year Beechwood's freshman team played Dixie and Dixie brought and played their sophomores in that game. Beechwod played freshmen only in that game. Someone said Dixie was having trouble fielding a freshmen only team and that is why they brought sophomores. I don't know if that is true. I am just relaying what I was told when I asked why Dixie was playing sophomores versus Beechwood's freshmen.

Dixie played a lot of Sophomores because of last years results when BW’s froshmore team was struggling. When Dixie came up Dixie Highway last year, they found BW dressing a few of the better sophomores for that game who weren’t playing froshmore up to the point. This was a payback type game according to a Dixie parent.