Reds Attendance

mcpapa

George/Chris were talking yesterday about how Fox Sports Ohio's coverage of the Reds ranked in the top 10 in baseball. Makes sense...the Reds fans haven't gone away, they'd just rather watch them on TV than spend the $$ to watch them at GABP.

I wonder if that is amongst just Fox Sports channels and doesn't include teams with their own networks like the Red Sox, Yankees etc?

George/Chris were talking yesterday about how Fox Sports Ohio's coverage of the Reds ranked in the top 10 in baseball. Makes sense...the Reds fans haven't gone away, they'd just rather watch them on TV than spend the $$ to watch them at GABP.

I wonder if that is amongst just Fox Sports channels and doesn't include teams with their own networks like the Red Sox, Yankees etc?

I found it. It looks like that wasn't counting teams with their own networks. This has then at 15th in prime time market share.

Prime-Time TV Ratings For Each Team At The MLB All-Star Break

I'll attest to that. I love going to the games, but it's so much easier (and cheaper) to flip it on TV and watch, especially now that there's a little one in the mix.

I'll attest to that. I love going to the games, but it's so much easier (and cheaper) to flip it on TV and watch, especially now that there's a little one in the mix.

Same here. In fact, I'd darn near say I watched them more this year than ever before. Part of that is due to the DVR and being able to record other stuff without having to give up on the game, and the other part is my son was usually the one to turn it on in the first place. It's not out of the realm of possibility to say we watched 95% or more of the games, at least thru August. (September was a different story). But, during that time, we actually went to the game only two or three times. (Sorry @MJAlltheWay24 )

Same here. In fact, I'd darn near say I watched them more this year than ever before. Part of that is due to the DVR and being able to record other stuff without having to give up on the game, and the other part is my son was usually the one to turn it on in the first place. It's not out of the realm of possibility to say we watched 95% or more of the games, at least thru August. (September was a different story). But, during that time, we actually went to the game only two or three times. (Sorry @MJAlltheWay24 )

All good. When the team is performing the way that they have been the last few seasons, hard to blame people for not wanting to spend their money there.

Wife and I went to Wrigley in August. It was cool to be in an iconic place, but as far as the game, I turned to heard and said "When did baseball get so boring?" If I stopped vending today, not sure I'd go to more than 2-3 a year myself.

Wife and I went to Wrigley in August. It was cool to be in an iconic place, but as far as the game, I turned to heard and said "When did baseball get so boring?" If I stopped vending today, not sure I'd go to more than 2-3 a year myself.

Baseball has always been boring. :lol2: There are just many more, much more entertaining options now.

With the current TV deals being as profitable as they are? Never.

The NBA does just fine with blackouts. I don’t think it’s likely to happen, but if attendance keeps declining it’ll be interesting to see how that is handled.

Baseball has always been boring. :lol2: There are just many more, much more entertaining options now.

I use to love going to he ballpark about 7-8 years ago. Would go to probably 15 games a year.

I've been going to 70-80 baseball games each year for the last six years, but I'm obviously not watching the game anymore. Often times I am pretty busy and only catch a couple plays a game, but that's about it. It was the first time I sat down in a ballpark in 3-4 years and man I struggled.