Male 41 Bowling Green 14 (Scrimmage)

Male was the better team last night no question. BGs biggest problem was covering punts and kick offs. First punt Male runs back. 2nd punt Male takes to the 20. First kickoff Male takes to the 5. That's effectively 21 points. You can do the math from there. This will help BG and I look for them to play inspired next week. @Buchd22 what is out look for 2 WRs? Out long term or. Short term?

Males skill guys are outstanding. The RB especially. Also don't think Male liked the outcome from last years scrimmage and is likely the reason for all the reverses.

Male was the better team last night no question. BGs biggest problem was covering punts and kick offs. First punt Male runs back. 2nd punt Male takes to the 20. First kickoff Male takes to the 5. That's effectively 21 points. You can do the math from there. This will help BG and I look for them to play inspired next week. @Buchd22 what is out look for 2 WRs? Out long term or. Short term?

Males skill guys are outstanding. The RB especially. Also don't think Male liked the outcome from last years scrimmage and is likely the reason for all the reverses.

Special teams are big. They made a difference in X vs SK last night also.

BG struggles no matter how you slice it, BUT Coach Spader played very conservatively. Minimal touches for Tisdale. Defensive backfield will get tested early in season.

New coaches, a few tweaks to play calling, not showing all the cards...

It seemed Male was Petal to the metal. No complaints but seemed kind of odd.

Everyone is 0-0.

Looking forward to next weekend

Not sure why people are surprised by the reverse punt returns. One was called back for holding in last year’s scrimmage. Male has done this for years.

After the last two seasons I am very happy to see the Bulldogs play with a sense of urgency. There were 3 or 4 running backs that showed great potential to break the big play. This is a good sign because the defense looked nasty.

BG looked like they were playing conservative and Male looked like they are in the best shape I’ve seen in a few years. Tisdale is a mismatch problem with size and speed.

Good luck to both Purple and Gold “H” Schools this season.

Probably easier said than done for a JCPS team.

I'd be interested to know how much pressure there is on JCPS schools to keep their schedules local. All together, I can't think of too many JCPS teams that have scheduled teams outside of more than maybe an hour drive in the last few years. Even then, they hardly ever get to have three "out of town" opponents, as @Sinbad 74 suggested Male should. More often than not, the JCPS schools don't even repeat the opponents year to year, so the out of town matchups strike me more as a situation where they need to find an opponent to fill in a blank in their schedule, rather than having an opportunity to go and pick out an opponent and schedule a standard home-and-away series.

Central

2016 - Corbin

2015 - Knox Central

Eastern

2016 - Dunbar

2015 - Dunbar

Jeffersontown

2017 - Casey County

2016 - Dunbar

2015 - Dunbar

Moore

2017 - Johnson Central

Pleasure Ridge Park

2017 - Bowling Green

Waggener

2017 - Danville

2017 - Lexington Christian

2016 - Knox Central

2015 - Corbin

Male's last real "out of town" opponent during their regular season was in 2012 when they played Boone County and Lex Cath.