Open: Marshall County

Guest fogdog.com

For starters, Howard Beth coached for 30 years and won the 2nd most in KHSAA history: 794.

IF it's the typical syndrome, you can start with being compared to "the winner."

Not that familiar with the Marshall County gals story lately, but ya gotta feel for whoever is next. And next. Etc.

First rule in searching for coaching jobs. NEVER be the guy that follows a legend. Be the guy that follows the guy that followed a legend. ��

Clapp was the guy that followed the guy that followed the legend.

Guest fogdog.com

Going from a college and pro players to high school girls with drama would not be a dream job

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would assume Dan Langhi got the job since he has a daughter that will be a freshman this year and her class along with the one below it is very good. I can't remember the guys name but there is an older coach who came back into the system at south marshall middle school and has been working with the girls for a few years. Dan Hall, another notable Marshall county alum who played for Vanderbilt has a daughter who is an 8th grader this year, her and Langhi are going to be very good. I'm assuming it was in the plans for Langhi to take that over if they didn't feel like they had the right guy, and I would say Dan will probably do a good job considering his playing experience.