8th region/ 30th district summer

With the recent information of Collins 2 JR guards having great summers and the possible new additions, find it hard to believe that they won’t be overwhelming favorite this year not only in district but the region as well. 2 new coaches in the district, in shelby and Anderson, both with young teams,won’t like seeing The Titans as much as they may have to.

Both Collins guards are receiving D1 interest and The Pg, McKnight, already has offers.

Spencer will give them a little test from what i saw last year, but size will be the issue they have, they will have to play fast but good luck running with the arsenal that Collins will have.

Interested in what Anderson brings to the table, Coach Hyat has waited a while and will be ready to roll, but it’s been a while since they played with out There offense running through Penny. I am hearing good things from summer practice and they may not score a lot but they are saying it will be a physical game when they play.

In all, excited to see the Conley vs Mcnight/Vail match up when Collins and Spencer play, stud athletes there for sure!

By the way, solid group of Soph in this region

Shelby: Griffin/ Gordon, both will start. Frosh Secori Toole may be best frosh in district, have watched him all summer for Magic 8th out of louisivlle.

Collins: Hawley, transfer from Cal who started in Shelby is possibly back at Collins.

Anderson: Gillis, Duncan, Derringer, probably Coach Hyat best class.

Spencer: Conley, and 2 other guards who are both pretty good. Tall blond kid who was injured last year, can score well from what I have seen this summer.

Collins beat Mercer by 5. Mercer was without one of their leading scorers and another starter. Mcnight is really good and I see him being a mid major D-1 player. The other guard I'm not really sold on so much. They have a solid team though. It's always hard to tell with summer ball. Not sure if Mercer is better than I thought or Collins not as impressive. I thought Collins would be one of teh 8th region favorites I would probably go Walton Verona with a healthy Miles though. Mercer played WV in the king of the bluegrass and i thought they were the best defensive team we played all year.

Not at liberty to say right now what the grapevine is telling me, but Collins needs some help in the front court for there 1 power forward Kidwell, and there may be a duo coming. From what I see that’s all they are missing. I heard about Mercer game, and also heard the benches played a lot, but who really knows until they lace them up in October.

One thing about the 30th is Burns, Gairher, and Hyat all know each other well. There won’t be any blowouts. District at Spencer, better get there early

Not at liberty to say right now what the grapevine is telling me, but Collins needs some help in the front court for there 1 power forward Kidwell, and there may be a duo coming. From what I see that’s all they are missing. I heard about Mercer game, and also heard the benches played a lot, but who really knows until they lace them up in October.

One thing about the 30th is Burns, Gairher, and Hyat all know each other well. There won’t be any blowouts. District at Spencer, better get there early

This one would be huge and would cause some hard feelings in the community!

Yes that will cause some hard feelings. I believe TJ from Shelby County is transferring to Collins? How is he able to do that?

Caleb Hawley has transferred to Collins from Christian Academy.

Transfers at other teams in the region may change the outlook for this year. I know South Oldham is getting a kid from Trinity (first name Creighton can't remember his last name) and a few more may happen that could REALLY change the outlook.

It will be interesting.

Yes, Hawley is already playing summer ball for them I assume. I had heard that name from Shelby to Collins as well, and the other big Shelby had, 6'7 kid. Im further north than Shelby but I have heard both moved this summer and have enrolled at Collins. As stated above, that would be huge pick up for Collins, the one need they had to have was some more size for rebounding and defense. If this goes through, will be tough to beat....

I know Shelby plays this Friday in some summer games and Spencer has some this weekend in Louisville. Just summer ball, but good to see the 8th region teams getting out and playing....

Both bigs from Shelby County, both who will be seniors, have filled out paperwork to go to Collins this upcoming year, however, neither are playing summer ball with Collins...Major blow to Shelby new coach who has good guards, serious lift for an already highly ranked Collins team

Cardsrule, you have connections in 30th and maybe Spencer, ...any truth to sources telling me someone accidentally emailed entire Spencer district seeing if a farm house would be a good possibility for a good basketball player from another 8th region team, just north of Shelby? I know they have a solid Frosh?? That’s what Spencer is missing a good big boy??

Cardsrule, you have connections in 30th and maybe Spencer, ...any truth to sources telling me someone accidentally emailed entire Spencer district seeing if a farm house would be a good possibility for a good basketball player from another 8th region team, just north of Shelby? I know they have a solid Frosh?? That’s what Spencer is missing a good big boy??

I’m no expert or anything, but that doesn’t sound legal.

Edited by khsaafanatic
Typo

I know that a player from Henry County's parents have all of their family living here in Spencer County and they are wanting to move back. They actually lived here before moving to Henry County. The head coach at Henry County was informed by the family. I'm pretty sure nothing illegal has occured since the family is looking to move and told the head coach about it. From what I heard it's just a matter of playing in front of their entire extended family.

Does anyone know the weekend Spencer/ Trinity score. I know Collins and Shelby host a huge tourney this weekend where Collins is in the same pool at Trinity. I think Anderson is playing a very watered down schedule this summer, not sure but believe they played Sayre and maybe St Patrick last week, and possible Cornerstone. Would like to know how they did if anyone knows.

Shelby lost to Henry and PRP Friday night.....They will travel to Sayre today for a JV/ Varsity double header followed by a possible stop at Applebees