Raceland 2018

Ram

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for the Rams to take a step foward offensively from last season and be a more complete and balanced team on that side of the ball. Defensively may have some growing pains until the 3rd or 4th week of the season against any power run teams, but i think all in all we will be better than last years State Runner Up finish. Not saying we will win it all or even get to that point again, but imo, at least will have more offensive production. Which should in-turn help a rebuilding-esk front 7 defensively.

Edited by bugatti

I look for the rams to take a step foward offensively from last season and be a more complete and balanced team on that side of the ball. Defensively may have some growing pains until the 3rd ir 4th week of the season against any power run teams, but i think all in all we will be better than last years State Runner Up finish. Not saying we will win it all or even get to that point again, but imo, atleast will have more offensive production. Which should inturn help a rebuilding-esk front 7 defensively.

A huge question for Raceland is, who'll be taking the snaps? It looks like they might have three good options - all around stud Dalton Adkins, incoming sophomore Jacob Heighton, and the newcomer from Boyd County, Ethan Cox. IMO, the best case scenario is that Heighton's arm talent proves him capable of piloting the offense, allowing Dalton and Cox to shine elsewhere. Dalton, especially, is far too valuable in all phases of the game.

The 1-2 punch of Judd Adkins and Hunter Lacks will give the Rams a formidable backfield. Combined with a receiving corp of D. Adkins, Gunnur Lewis, and perhaps Cox, Raceland's offensive skill people could really put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

Like you hinted at, the defensive line will probably be the biggest issue to begin the season. Players like Ferguson and Fairchild will be hard to replace.

Once again, 1A East should be very tightly bunched at the top. Another challenging schedule should have Raceland primed for a return trip to Kroger Field, but Paintsville, Hazard, and especially Pikeville should all be loaded again in 2018. I could see the results of all those regular season match-ups being reversed in playoff rematches.

It'll be a mad dash to Lexington in the east, and I think Raceland's got the legs to reach the finish line. At the very least, it'll be a photo finish.

A huge question for Raceland is, who'll be taking the snaps? It looks like they might have three good options - all around stud Dalton Adkins, incoming sophomore Jacob Heighton, and the newcomer from Boyd County, Ethan Cox. IMO, the best case scenario is that Heighton's arm talent proves him capable of piloting the offense, allowing Dalton and Cox to shine elsewhere. Dalton, especially, is far too valuable in all phases of the game.

The 1-2 punch of Judd Adkins and Hunter Lacks will give the Rams a formidable backfield. Combined with a receiving corp of D. Adkins, Gunnur Lewis, and perhaps Cox, Raceland's offensive skill people could really put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

Like you hinted at, the defensive line will probably be the bi ggest issue to begin the season. Players like Ferguson and Fairchild will be hard to replace.

Your entire post sounds about right and three very capable qb's will provide some competition at that spot. With no inside info at all, I would guess that Heighton will get the nod. As for the bolded, yes ...there were some graduation losses on both sides of the ball

on the line but from what I am hearing, there are some pretty good young kids that will step up. Time will tell on that.

Also, I am really hoping that Lacks will return. I know that he has received a lot of looks for baseball at the college level as only a Jr.. I think that playing multiple sports helps a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing that the Rams picked up a QB from Ironton and he looks to be the starter. My sources tell me that its his third stop in as many years. He should pair nicely with the OL from Ironton and the two former Boyd Co starters on the roster. Fairview 2.0 looks to be hard to handle in NEKy this coming fall

Hearing that the Rams picked up a QB from Ironton and he looks to be the starter. My sources tell me that its his third stop in as many years. He should pair nicely with the OL from Ironton and the two former Boyd Co starters on the roster. Fairview 2.0 looks to be hard to handle in NEKy this coming fall

If that post doesn't get some Ram fans geared up there needs to be an investigation.

The QB you speak of was a Ram in grade school and has wanted to come back since he left and each year it's been talked about that he was. To my knowledge he hasnt officially enrolled at Raceland yet. The lineman has and is fitting in well on our side of the pond. As for the QB, theres alot that goes into him transferring. He is a former Ram with a great set of parents trying to get him in the best situation possible. He himself is a great kid and I for one would love to see him back in RamLand.

The QB you speak of was a Ram in grade school and has wanted to come back since he left and each year it's been talked about that he was. To my knowledge he hasnt officially enrolled at Raceland yet. The lineman has and is fitting in well on our side of the pond. As for the QB, theres alot that goes into him transferring. He is a former Ram with a great set of parents trying to get him in the best situation possible. He himself is a great kid and I for one would love to see him back in RamLand.

If this is the kid that started for Ironton last season, he'll be an immediate impact player for the Rams. I only saw him play once last year, but I was very impressed with the way he played on both sides of the ball.

Hearing the QB might stay at Ironton now. I guess we’ll see.

Hearing the QB might stay at Ironton now. I guess we’ll see.

Like I said, its been talked about, seemingly every season, that he is coming back. But, there are alot that goes into it and both the school and the family refuse to do things in any other way than the legal and legit way. Which in this day and age, speaks volumes of the character of both parties. Either way, I fully expect a more balanced and explosive offense this year. Heighton is perfectly capable of stepping in at QB imo. Has some big game experience from the mound in baseball and is cool under pressure and he has the luxury of an experienced OL and a stable of great RBs that could potentially produce 2 1000 yard running backs in Hunter and Judd. Who ever the QB is, all they will need to do is make smart decisions throwing the ball and complete enough passes to keep the defense in a balanced set and not be able to load the box. The transfer would take us to another level, imo and we would get 2 years out of him, but unless things are done the right way, its not worth the risk to either party. And I think Heighton gives us just as good a shot at getting back to Lexington and he would give us a potential 3 year starter by his senior year. No matter what, things are looking good for the Rams.

Like I said, its been talked about, seemingly every season, that he is coming back. But, there are alot that goes into it and both the school and the family refuse to do things in any other way than the legal and legit way. Which in this day and age, speaks volumes of the character of both parties. Either way, I fully expect a more balanced and explosive offense this year. Heighton is perfectly capable of stepping in at QB imo. Has some big game experience from the mound in baseball and is cool under pressure and he has the luxury of an experienced OL and a stable of great RBs that could potentially produce 2 1000 yard running backs in Hunter and Judd. Who ever the QB is, all they will need to do is make smart decisions throwing the ball and complete enough passes to keep the defense in a balanced set and not be able to load the box. The transfer would take us to another level, imo and we would get 2 years out of him, but unless things are done the right way, its not worth the risk to either party. And I think Heighton gives us just as good a shot at getting back to Lexington and he would give us a potential 3 year starter by his senior year. No matter what, things are looking good for the Rams.

Who's the Lineman from Ironton that transferred to Raceland? I know a couple Lineman transferred but I'm not sure which one went where.

Good luck to the Rams, sounds like they should have another great year.