Raceland 2018

Ram

I think the opinion in Raceland is that anything less than a State finals game this year going to be a disappointment. We have many talented kids returning and I think our schedule is extremely tough. Ashland, Greenup, Ports West, Somerset, Russell, Paintsville will definitely challenge us to be better because all these teams are talented and very good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of defensive holes to fill as well.

Going by the roster from last year's state title game, Raceland will need to replace 7 defensive starters. The offense is in better shape on returning starters with QB being the big hole they need to fill.

We had a lot of defensive holes to fill for last season as well and it turned out pretty good. I feel like we have several program guys that are ready for their shot at playing time.

Tyus Ferguson's athleticism off the edge is the one void I'm not sure Raceland can fill this year. He was such a game changer with his ability to create havoc in the opposing backfield. He had an excellent game against Beechwood last year and won his share of 1 on 1 battles with Adam Derry.

I don't know that I see anyone on Raceland's roster capable of replacing Tyus alone.

The QB you speak of was a Ram in grade school and has wanted to come back since he left and each year it's been talked about that he was. To my knowledge he hasnt officially enrolled at Raceland yet. The lineman has and is fitting in well on our side of the pond. As for the QB, theres alot that goes into him transferring. He is a former Ram with a great set of parents trying to get him in the best situation possible. He himself is a great kid and I for one would love to see him back in RamLand.

He played for Raceland one year, two at the most. Sources tell me he’s decided to go to Wheelersburg.

He played for Raceland one year, two at the most. Sources tell me he’s decided to go to Wheelersburg.

If true, that would be a peculiar move on his part. He just came to Ironton from Wheelersburg a year ago. The Pirates return their all-state QB, so he'd have to sit a year.

If true, that would be a peculiar move on his part. He just came to Ironton from Wheelersburg a year ago. The Pirates return their all-state QB, so he'd have to sit a year.

He’d be smart to stay put at Ironton. Most likely starting QB there. You’re right, he would not start over their QB now.

Tyus Ferguson's athleticism off the edge is the one void I'm not sure Raceland can fill this year. He was such a game changer with his ability to create havoc in the opposing backfield. He had an excellent game against Beechwood last year and won his share of 1 on 1 battles with Adam Derry.

I don't know that I see anyone on Raceland's roster capable of replacing Tyus alone.

Ferguson had two tackles in the title game versus Beechwood. One was on a play where he was not blocked at all and he chased down a run to the opposite side. The other was on a coverage sack where the QB had time but could not find an open receiver and was forced out of the pocket by pressure up the middle.

Ferguson had two tackles in the title game versus Beechwood. One was on a play where he was not blocked at all and he chased down a run to the opposite side. The other was on a coverage sack where the QB had time but could not find an open receiver and was forced out of the pocket by pressure up the middle.

I honestly never looked at the final stats. That's a surprisingly low number of stops. I seem to remember him consistently getting pressure on Burch and flushing him out of the pocket. I was impressed with how he acquitted himself against such a quality lineman that day.

The sources are so varied. I can tell you I'd be surprised if the QB you speak of leaves Ironton. I am good friends with his dad and we laugh a lot at these sources and rumors. I have heard he is already enrolled at Ashland, Russell, looked at GC and was going back to Burg as well as coming to Raceland. All of this talk was because Ironton was without a Head Coach. They have a coach and I expect you'll see him playing at Tank Memorial Stadium for 2 more years.

I have always heard, "never say never", but I honestly think the talk is dying down. As for all the Raceland move "talk", I think most of it started because the kid and his dad watched our playoff games. Ironton wasn't playing, so they watched us play.

The sources are so varied. I can tell you I'd be surprised if the QB you speak of leaves Ironton. I am good friends with his dad and we laugh a lot at these sources and rumors. I have heard he is already enrolled at Ashland, Russell, looked at GC and was going back to Burg as well as coming to Raceland. All of this talk was because Ironton was without a Head Coach. They have a coach and I expect you'll see him playing at Tank Memorial Stadium for 2 more years.

I have always heard, "never say never", but I honestly think the talk is dying down. As for all the Raceland move "talk", I think most of it started because the kid and his dad watched our playoff games. Ironton wasn't playing, so they watched us play.

Agree 100%. I did hear though, from the source u did, that they were looking for a move when Vass was out. But I knew he would stay once I heard who Itown hired. Tbh, none of it matters bc the expectations dont change for this 2018 installation of the Rams no matter who is under center.

How much will Gunnur Lewis’ role increase in the offense this year? He showed flashes of what he was capable of last season, but took a back seat in the passing game to Cam, Dalton, and Judd, who's a great receiver out of the backfield. His speed and big play ability would give Raceland's offense a dimension it hasn't had in a while.