Johnny Hines is back as Pulaski County's football coach.

This was posted in the Open Jobs thread:

Coaches,

I have resigned as Head Football Coach at Pulaski County High School. It’s been a wonderful 23 years (19 as Head Coach and 4 as Assistant) for me at Pulaski, and I have enjoyed getting to know, and competing against so many of you. I am honored to call you “friends.”

I have been offered (and accepted) a position on the coaching staff at Georgetown College, under the direction of the legendary Coach Bill Cronin. It is with a lump of bittersweet that I am moving on to Georgetown College. It has been my honor to call myself a high school football coach for the last 31 years (4 at Palm Bay High School in Melbourne, Florida, 4 at Barren County, and the last 23 at Pulaski). You guys are what makes this profession so great. So many of you I have learned from, copied from, and studied, whether you knew it or not. Thanks for all you have done for me, and for making Kentucky High School Football so wonderful. I will miss it badly.

I hope to see many of you in the near future, though it be in a different role, as I come to your school to recruit some of the fine young student-athletes that you all consistently turn out, to come join us at Georgetown in pursuit of the NAIA National Championship. I promise, I will take care of your kids.

Please feel free to contact me if I can ever do anything for you. My personal cell number and a couple emails are listed below. They won’t change.

Thanks again Coaches for allowing me to ride along for the last 27 years. God bless you. God bless your programs, and God bless Kentucky High School Football.

“When they look back on a coach’s career, they always look at the numbers,.... The wins, the Championships, the trophies..... When I look back, I see their faces.”

-Pat Summitt

John Hines

Pulaski County Maroons

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/open-job-pulaski-363974.html

I noticed last night on twitter that the Pulaski County football account is being deactivated soon and to follow his personal account for all things Pulaski County football but I didn't connect the dots.

I'm confused as to what that means. This situation is confusing to me, now.

Glad that one of the top coaches in the State remains in the ranks... but something is off about all this and I think we are seeing a lot of "spin"

My hunch is he never planned to coach a single game at Georgetown and "something not feeling right" was just a way to cut ties without looking like the bad guy.

I think it was his intention the entire time to be coaching at Pulaski County, just think he needed to accept that job for some other motive.

Regardless, I am happy that one of the brightest football minds in the State will still be under the Friday night Lights. Hines is a bit of an unique character, but characters are what makes this fun.

Glad that one of the top coaches in the State remains in the ranks... but something is off about all this and I think we are seeing a lot of "spin"

My hunch is he never planned to coach a single game at Georgetown and "something not feeling right" was just a way to cut ties without looking like the bad guy.

I think it was his intention the entire time to be coaching at Pulaski County, just think he needed to accept that job for some other motive.

Regardless, I am happy that one of the brightest football minds in the State will still be under the Friday night Lights. Hines is a bit of an unique character, but characters are what makes this fun.

When you say "motive" are you implying money or facilities or something else?

When you say "motive" are you implying money or facilities or something else?

I have no knowledge.. just a hunch... but I would think possibly "all the above" may apply

If that turf field that created so much controversy a couple years ago suddenly is rumored to be in the works in the next year then I feel that will certainly be telling for starters.

I do want to say:

Even if he did leverage the rumors of the Frederick Douglass job last year and this whole Georgetown thing to negotiate things he wanted, I don't think we can judge him harshly on it. People do it all the time at the collegiate level and in the business world.

Is it a little different at the High School level working for a public school system? Yeah... but at the same time, I am willing to bet if you go to more football rich states like Georgia, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida (where Hines once coached) you could probably find similar instances/

I noticed last night on twitter that the Pulaski County football account is being deactivated soon and to follow his personal account for all things Pulaski County football but I didn't connect the dots.

I'm confused as to what that means. This situation is confusing to me, now.

That doesn't pass the look test to me.

Who wants to share what really happened here?