Campbell County Info

My second favorite team, University Heights will be playing Campbell County in the Sweet 16 next Thursday.

Can somebody post a summary on the Camels?

One thing that has been tough to find is a roster with height. I noticed their top player averages nearly a double double.

How big are they? What do they do particularly well?

Good Luck to both teams... stinks that you guys won't get to see my guy T-Ware at the sweet 16. But you'll get to see the best player from KY in a while in Tandy...

3 Noah Wirth G 6'0 175 JR

4 Andrew Wilson G 6'2 150 JR

5 Dane Hegyi C 6'3 160 FR

10 Grant Jolly G 6'2 185 JR

11 Reid Jolly F 6'4 200 JR

12 Andrew Helton F 6'3 190 JR

13 Jordan Gross G 5'9 140 SO

15 Nate Schaefer G 6'3 170 SR

20 Chandler Farmer G 5'10 165 JR

21 Tanner Clos G 6'1 170 SR

22 Kyle Hart G 5'11160 SO

23 Joel Day G 5'11170 SR

24Jimmy Ramsey G 5'11 155 SO

25 Bryce Laytart G 5'10 150 SO

30 Jesse Russell G 6'2 170 SR

31 Hunter Reinhart G 5'9 150 SO

34 Tanner Lawrence C 6'3 230 JR

40 Garrett Beiting G 5'6 135 FR

44 Trevor Davis C 6'2 200 SO

Excellent guard play with Joel Day, Tanner Clos, & Drew Wilson. Day is somewhat undersized but more than makes up for it with intelligence, composure, & tenacity. Clos is a true slasher that can hurt you going to the basket and from 3. Wilson is a little like Clos in terms of how he plays.

Reid Jolly is the leading scorer and rebounder and plays bigger than his 6'4" frame.

Those four guys get the most production on a stat sheet, but 3 or 4 others will play regularly.

As a team they shoot well, share the ball well, & usually dictate the tempo because of above average guard play. Very experienced and very well coached.

From the 5 times I've seen them I thought Day and Jolly were their two best players.

Day is a quality point guard. Very composed and when needed can score from outside or midrange. Fantastic free throw shooter who makes good decisions and does a good job at drawing fouls in crunch time.

Jolly does a great job inside scoring and rebounding, but he can also step out and hit the occasional 3. Hit one with under a minute in the region semifinals to tie the game.

I haven't seen Campbell play against an extremely athletic team, but I could see quickness causing them some problems.