The new NKY 5A District?

theguru

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of the opinion that Boone County should have opted out of district play until they get their program together but any move down for them is a good thing.

As with the case of Pendelton County. I have never seen the benefit of opting out of district. Your program is not going to grow or even get more interest from players, when there literally is nothing to play for if they opt out of district.

Yes the district is tough, but at the end of the day you still have 6 other non district games. That you could use to help build confidence and get players to eventually want to come out and buy in by having success in your 6 non district games. Then with that confidence off of the the non district games, you hope you build off that and it helps lead to a possible win or two in district. Especially with two rivals from Boone County in the district.

IMO your program goes further down by opting out of district than it does get better. Stay in district, schedule smart in the non district. Besides wasn't it just 2 years ago when Boone nearly almost won a playoff game? Opting out of district takes away that possibility of even happening, which I am sure was a great moment for those players even in defeat.

Here is the new, proposed NKY 5A district for 2019 to 2022:

Boone County

Conner

Cooper

Covington Catholic

Highlands

=============

I love it!

I can smell the green at many of those gates!

This well be a great district and very competitive. I see multiple teams winning district championships in this district over those 4 years.

As with the case of Pendelton County. I have never seen the benefit of opting out of district. Your program is not going to grow or even get more interest from players, when there literally is nothing to play for if they opt out of district.

Yes the district is tough, but at the end of the day you still have 6 other non district games. That you could use to help build confidence and get players to eventually want to come out and buy in by having success in your 6 non district games. Then with that confidence off of the the non district games, you hope you build off that and it helps lead to a possible win or two in district. Especially with two rivals from Boone County in the district.

IMO your program goes further down by opting out of district than it does get better. Stay in district, schedule smart in the non district. Besides wasn't it just 2 years ago when Boone nearly almost won a playoff game? Opting out of district takes away that possibility of even happening, which I am sure was a great moment for those players even in defeat.

[video=youtube;p3-eavMSBnk]

[video=youtube;p3-eavMSBnk]

Hey at the end of the day they were in the playoffs, and they just about won that 1st round playoff game. Opting out of district, those kids don't even have that chance. Which once again IMO leads to even less kids wanting to play, because you literally have nothing to play for or even hope for. Sometimes even the smallest amount of hope and something to play for, is better than nothing at all.

I believe they are moving up due to enrollment, not because they are requesting it.

If given another opportunity I feel pretty confident Dixie would play down like they did last time.

Correct. Dixie was actually 6A the last re-alignment as far as enrollment was concerned, but since they were one of (if not THE) smallest 6A school, they were able to move down to 5A when Conner and Cooper requested to move up to 6A. Conner and Cooper didn't give Dixie the option this time around.