Conner 77 Cooper 60

Per the Khsaa 5 lady cougars in double figures and 2 double doubles. Great team effort in a big district win. Let's see if they can duplicate this effort against Ryle in the district championship. Might be hard to get up after this must win, but on to the regional either way. It would be real nice to go as a winner.

Hurst 17

Jordan 14

Burcham 13 & 11 Rbs

Murphy 13

Drummonds 10 & 10 Rbs

McLemore 6

Strange 4

Congratulations to Lexi Held on nice high school career. How'd she do in her final high school game? Just tough to play in that district at this point in time .... toughest district in the state, perhaps?

Held was Held last night. Creates her own shot like no other. Played both ends until the horn sounded.

Like most the season, she was faceguarded and then double teamed with the ball. Forcing bad shots from wide open Cooper players.

Game got within a basket in the 4th quarter, then a couple costly back to back turnovers for Cooper blew the game open.

Cougars fed to the post repeatedly after half and ultimately had too many weapons for the Jags.

Congratulations to Lexi and Asyah, teammates since Elementary school, on impressive high school basketball careers with Cooper. They were the first 8th graders in school history to play varsity basketball, which was also Coach Levandusky's first year at Cooper. Lexi holds about every school record, which likely won't be touched for a long time.

Good Luck at the next level ladies!

"Forcing bad shots from wide open Cooper players. " Please explain how wide open shots are bad?

Because they are being taken by girls that can’t shoot unfortunately, I’d personally rather Lexi take a shot while being double teamed because it actually has a chance

Fun game to watch. Conner jumped out to an early 8 to 0 lead. Cooper made a few runs, but I don't think ever took the lead. The game most of the game was played between a 6 to 10 point lead for Conner, with Cooper cutting it closer a few times. Cooper cut the lead to 4 with about 3 minutes to go and had the momentum. Conner responded with a basket, and then scored 6 more straight points in like a matter of 30 seconds off Cooper turnovers to push the lead out to 12. Then made their free throws down the stretch to finish it off.

Conner with a very good overall team win with many players contributing. While Cooper's Held and Mitchell did everything they could to give them a chance. Held is one of the best high school girl basketball players I have ever seen. Her pull up jumper off the dribble is amazing. Good luck to her in college, she will have a great college career. Also congrats and good luck to Conner in the district Championship and the region.

For example...if my mom was wide open on the 3 point line, she should not take that shot.

Hope that helps.

I’ve seen your mom on the court, you have a point.