17. McCracken County

18. Owensboro

19. Christian County

20. Mercer County

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time seeing how anybody can justify putting Lexington Christian behind Lafayette when they whipped them by 15 a week ago and have reeled off 13 straight wins before an incredibly emotional tough loss in a rivalry game. it also makes very little sense to have Walton Verona in front of them considering they beat them on a neutral court.

Glad to see Christian County back in. Reality is, we could make a run to the final 4 considering our sweet 16 draw.

I have a hard time seeing how anybody can justify putting Lexington Christian behind Lafayette when they whipped them by 15 a week ago and have reeled off 13 straight wins before an incredibly emotional tough loss in a rivalry game. it also makes very little sense to have Walton Verona in front of them considering they beat them on a neutral court.

Glad to see Christian County back in. Reality is, we could make a run to the final 4 considering our sweet 16 draw.

Dunbar and Corbin both beat Lexington Christian. I assume that you would put both of them ahead of LCA? Corbin was on a neutral court and Dunbar was at LCA.

Curious why Lexington Catholic isn't in the top 20. Their only losses in state are to top 10 teams save for an OT loss to Newport. They also have two wins over LCA, and a blowout win over Corbin (though that was a long time ago). I know they got demolished by Madison Central, but so did Ballard.

I think their results certainly merit a ranking, unless it is based on the fact that they won't have their best player moving forward.

1 Scott Co

2 Trinity

3 Covington Catholic

4 Butler

5 Madison Central

6 Ballard

7 Lafayette

8 Cooper

9 Fern Creek

10 Bryan Station

11 Doss

12 Lexington Catholic

13 Lexington Christian

14 Walton-Verona

15 Oldham Co

16 GRC

17 Mayfield

18 Warren Central

19 McCracken Co

20 Mercer Co

21 Christian Co

22 Campbell Co

23 John Hardin

24 Waggener

25 Fairdale

Dunbar and Corbin both beat Lexington Christian. I assume that you would put both of them ahead of LCA? Corbin was on a neutral court and Dunbar was at LCA.

No. A. Those games were 2 months ago and B. Lexington Christian was without their best player in those games.

Are you raking based on record or are you ranking based on the actual "quality of the team right now" as most rankings are based on?

Curious why Lexington Catholic isn't in the top 20. Their only losses in state are to top 10 teams save for an OT loss to Newport. They also have two wins over LCA, and a blowout win over Corbin (though that was a long time ago). I know they got demolished by Madison Central, but so did Ballard.

I think their results certainly merit a ranking, unless it is based on the fact that they won't have their best player moving forward.

I think with Payne being finished for the season any talk of Lex Cath being in the top 20 is over.

What a terrible loss for them. Great kid.

1. Scott County

2. Trinity

3. Covington Catholic

4. Butler

5. Madison Central

6. Ballard

7. Doss

8. Fern Creek

9. Cooper

10. Lafayette

11. Bryan Station

12. George Rogers Clark

13. Walton-Verona

14. Lexington Christian

15. Mayfield

16. Warren Central

17. McCracken County

18. Owensboro

19. Christian County

20. Mercer County

13-20 could probably go a number of ways. I've seen most of those teams and there are about 15 teams that could make an argument for those 8 spots. Kudos to you for putting the list together.

No. A. Those games were 2 months ago and B. Lexington Christian was without their best player in those games.

Are you raking based on record or are you ranking based on the actual "quality of the team right now" as most rankings are based on?

For the record, I don't rank at all. I do know that there is more to consider than simple head to head competition.

1. Trinity

2. Scott County

3. Covington Catholic

4. Madison Central

5. Butler

6. Ballard

7. Doss

8. Cooper

9. Fern Creek

10. Lexington Christian

11. Lafayette

12. Bryan Station

13. George Rodgers Clark

14. Walton Verona

15. Warren Central

16. McCracken County

17. Owensboro

18. Christian County

19. Mayfield

20. Mercer County

I also think John Hardin, Paducah Tilghman and Corbin all still have a chance to make a big post season run but aren't deserving of a top 20 ranking at this point.

1. Trinity

2. Scott County

3. Covington Catholic

4. Madison Central

5. Butler

6. Ballard

7. Doss

8. Cooper

9. Fern Creek

10. Lexington Christian

11. Lafayette

12. Bryan Station

13. George Rodgers Clark

14. Walton Verona

15. Warren Central

16. McCracken County

17. Owensboro

18. Christian County

19. Mayfield

20. Mercer County

I also think John Hardin, Paducah Tilghman and Corbin all still have a chance to make a big post season run but aren't deserving of a top 20 ranking at this point.

I agree. I'd say the 15th to 30th ranked teams in the state are very close.

And I think the top 3 are all very close. Then you have a group from 4-15 that is really close..