Highlands 54 Dixie Heights 51

Highlands wins despite making just 11-of-25 free throws for 44 percent. Zoie Barth with 21 and Rory O'Hara with 16 for Bluebirds.

Caroline Buddenberg with 17 to lead Dixie Heights. Grace Perry had 13 and Madelyn Lawson scored 12. Most balanced Dixie Heights girls basketball team I've seen.

Also for Highlands, sophomore Piper Macke made her varsity debut for the Bluebirds after being ruled eligible to play varsity this afternoon. Had a rebound and steal in 5:18 of action.

Can someone describe the play where a Dixie player was dribbling and was called for an intentional foul?

She was not dribbling first of all. She was being checked closely by a highlands defender and swung the ball through like you are taught, but made contact with bridge of birds defender nose. Automatic intentional foul since there is no review.

How about the chicken little technical on Burt richer. That was very weak

She was not dribbling first of all. She was being checked closely by a highlands defender and swung the ball through like you are taught, but made contact with bridge of birds defender nose. Automatic intentional foul since there is no review.

How about the chicken little technical on Burt richer. That was very weak

Thanks. I read a tweet that said it happened while dribbling and couldn't picture how that might occur.

Highlands wins despite making just 11-of-25 free throws for 44 percent. Zoie Barth with 21 and Rory O'Hara with 16 for Bluebirds.

Caroline Buddenberg with 17 to lead Dixie Heights. Grace Perry had 13 and Madelyn Lawson scored 12. Most balanced Dixie Heights girls basketball team I've seen.

Also for Highlands, sophomore Piper Macke made her varsity debut for the Bluebirds after being ruled eligible to play varsity this afternoon. Had a rebound and steal in 5:18 of action.

KHSAA never ceases to amaze me.

What's the issue? It's my understanding they had to sit out one year form the day they transfer. She sat out one year.

Don't think that's when she transferred. Good thing when there is an attorney in the family and I don't mean anything by that it just helps. HHS got another good transfer for the second year in a row, good for the stretch run.

What's the issue? It's my understanding they had to sit out one year form the day they transfer. She sat out one year.

She played in the region tourney last year for Holy Cross so unless she was going to highlands while playing for Holy Cross in region tourney at nku she hadn't transferred yet. Pretty sure region tourney is same time every season.

She played in the region tourney last year for Holy Cross so unless she was going to highlands while playing for Holy Cross in region tourney at nku she hadn't transferred yet. Pretty sure region tourney is same time every season.

I obviously have some bad info.

To clear things up a little, Macke did play in the regional.

Young guards spark Holy Cross in first-round win at 9th Region girls’ basketball tournament | NKyTribune

She also played varsity softball. The Campbell Circuit Court cleared her to play, finding the KHSAA ruling her ineligible to be arbitrary and capricious, in a case that may wind up having far reaching effects. The legal analysis goes way beyond this thread.

In fact, she had nothing to do with the outcome of this game. Highlands is very good, with or without her, and Zoie Barth made a ridiculous step back 3 to win this one over a good Dixie team, and I say ridiculous because it took moxie and skill to create a little space, take the shot, and make it. I will leave my comments there, and look forward to the rest of the season.

To clear things up a little, Macke did play in the regional.

Young guards spark Holy Cross in first-round win at 9th Region girls’ basketball tournament | NKyTribune

She also played varsity softball. The Campbell Circuit Court cleared her to play, finding the KHSAA ruling her ineligible to be arbitrary and capricious, in a case that may wind up having far reaching effects. The legal analysis goes way beyond this thread.

In fact, she had nothing to do with the outcome of this game. Highlands is very good, with or without her, and Zoie Barth made a ridiculous step back 3 to win this one over a good Dixie team, and I say ridiculous because it took moxie and skill to create a little space, take the shot, and make it. I will leave my comments there, and look forward to the rest of the season.

Curious question. Does the Campbell County circuit court have final say on this and it's done? Can khsaa come back over the top of this ruling in any way? I ask because now that Highlands is using a player who was ineligible for all but last 2 weeks of season is there a chance they could win a region tourney and then be found to later have used a player who was ineligible and have to forfeit a potential title? Im not familiar at all with how this works on who has final say but I know things have happened at other schools that would make me very nervous about a situation like this.

Curious question. Does the Campbell County circuit court have final say on this and it's done? Can khsaa come back over the top of this ruling in any way? I ask because now that Highlands is using a player who was ineligible for all but last 2 weeks of season is there a chance they could win a region tourney and then be found to later have used a player who was ineligible and have to forfeit a potential title? Im not familiar at all with how this works on who has final say but I know things have happened at other schools that would make me very nervous about a situation like this.

Fair question and one that Highlands has experience with. @Pete Mitchell has the KHSAA decided if they will challenge it?

As of this very minute she is eligible and as long as she is she can play without any look back effect. Do you think coach Richey is going to jeopardize her season for one player? If haskamp says go, she plays and if he say whoa, she doesn't