Fleming County 80 Menifee Ciounty 75

per Evan Dennison via Twitter.

Panthers have won 6 of 8, and also claimed the #1 seed in the 61st District with the win. The tournament will be:

#1 Fleming County vs #4 Rowan County

Menifee County vs. Bath county (unsure on seeds)

Overall week region as normal or just a week district?

Weak district and weak region. The number one team in the region, Ashland, is the worst rated number one team of all regions combined. That said, I have no idea how Rowan is rated above Fleming. Fleming beat them twice. Worst Rowan team I’ve seen in years. I predict Bath and Fleming will come out of this district with most likely losing records. I give the nod to Fleming to win the district especially since it is played at their home this year.

Edited by Simmsimm
Misspelled words

Region is weak... very weak. Fleming is playing well right now, and that got them to the #1 seed. Rowan is down for sure.

I understand many people think the region is weak but some teams have some very good wins over out of region opponents.

Ashland beat Perry Central and only lost to GRC by 6.

Boyd Co has a win over Dunbar and Mason County.

Bath County knocked off Johnson Central and Robertson County.

Rowan Co has wins over North Laurel, Montgomery Co, and Bourbon Co.

Elliott Co has beaten Taylor Co and Franklin Co.

I know not all of these were wins over outstanding teams but I believe the 16th has held their own and stayed competitive outside of their region.

I understand many people think the region is weak but some teams have some very good wins over out of region opponents.

Ashland beat Perry Central and only lost to GRC by 6.

Boyd Co has a win over Dunbar and Mason County.

Bath County knocked off Johnson Central and Robertson County.

Rowan Co has wins over North Laurel, Montgomery Co, and Bourbon Co.

Elliott Co has beaten Taylor Co and Franklin Co.

I know not all of these were wins over outstanding teams but I believe the 16th has held their own and stayed competitive outside of their region.

Okay, you've been talking about the quality of the wins by teams of the 16th region. How about a little discussion about the quality of the loses by teams of the 16th region? Maybe this also will help us determine the apparent strength of the 16 region. I''ll start it off by pointing out that in the same tournament that Elliott County won against Taylor County and Franklin County, which you mentioned, that Elliott County also lost to the host team of the Traditional Bank Holiday Classic Lexington Catholic by 25 points. For comparison, Scott County and Corbin both lost to Lexington Catholic early in the season by 15 and 29 points respectively.

Also, I'd like to point out that Elliott County lost to Louisville Doss in the same holiday tournament by 22 points and that in regular season play Louisville Fairdale, Louisville Waggener and Walton-Verona all lost to Louisville Doss by 17, 18 and 20 respectively. I know many will think it strange to talk about the losses a team has to determine how good a team is but, what does everyone think? Anyone else want to give it a try?