Mr. Football

How many tackles and defensive touchdowns did Mayer have?

How many yards did he get with punt and kickoff returns?

How many times did opposing teams squib kick or kick out of bounds because they didn't want to kick to Mayer?

Edited by Wireman

How many tackles and defensive touchdowns with Mayer have?

How many yards did he get with punt and kickoff returns?

How many times did opposing teams squib kick or kick out of bounds because they didn't want to kick to Mayer?

How many times was Mayer out of the game because CovCath put a running clock on every Kentucky school they played? It goes both ways..

He didn’t have to play defense they were beating teams that bad. 11 running clocks. No respect for Northern Kentucky players or teams!

29 more offensive TD then him! I don’t think he had 29 tds on defense or special teams!

Who cares if a team does or doesn’t kick to someone!

AJ Mayer: 3,114 yds passing, 40 touchdowns, 451 yds rushing, 14 TD's

*Class 5A - undefeated state champion*

*Six D-I offers*

Mr. Kentucky winner: 1,857 total yards, 25 total TD's

*Class 2A - undefeated state champion*

*One D-I offer*

You only posted part of Mr. Footballs stats he was a stud on defense and had several interceptions.

You think VanCleave didn't come out during blowouts? Danville put teams on running clocks, too.

Also, Mayer is the QB with the ball in his hands on every play that he's in the game.

VanCleave split catches and carries with five other receivers and backs. If he was their lone superstar, his numbers would have been video game numbers.

I'm pretty sure he had less than 5 punt returns the entire season. Danville started 80% of their drives from beyond the 30-yard line simply because other teams wouldn't kick to VanCleave.

That's not a knock on Mayer at all. I watched him in the championship game and thought he was the best QB I watched all season. But to act like he's any more deserving than VanCleave or Moore is false in my opinion.