Open Job: Nelson County

Jim Schue

Well I can't say that I blame the guy then. That has to be a tough job to keep up at when it's keeping you from a growing young family like that at home.

And even if it was about losses, I still don't blame him. He was not put in a position to succeed the way things went down after Egli left.

Egli left the program in bad shape but sharing kids with Thomas Nelson High school is also a factor. This will be a tough job! IMO

I've heard some chatter that Thomas Nelson might be converted into a ninth grade center and all 10-12 graders would go back to Nelson County. All students would play for NCHS. Is this fact, fiction, or shades of grey?

An administrator had to approve those purchases.

False! Egli ordered uniforms without approval from anyone and without any money to pay for them. Then took another Job and left the Nelson County Program in a lot of debt.

Thornsberry might not have won a lot of games but he is leaving the program in better shape then when he got to Nelson and with ZERO debt!

I've heard some chatter that Thomas Nelson might be converted into a ninth grade center and all 10-12 graders would go back to Nelson County. All students would play for NCHS. Is this fact, fiction, or shades of grey?

Depends on who gets hired as the new super for NC Schools.

The best rumor about Thomas Nelson HS is that because of declining enrollment at NC Schools is that whomever is the new super will be welcomed to shut down TNHS and make it a one-school county system like it used to be.

These are just persistent rumors I've heard. I have no clue if this will actually happen. But the bottom line is Nelson Co. did not need TNHS, even though it's a great school.

That school was built on a bunch of garbage being foisted upon the folks from back in 2008 when the whole BRAC (base realignment and closure) stuff with the wild expectation that Ft. Knox was going to get thousands of people stationed there that never really materialized. NC Schools folks at the time bought into this idea that there would be a ridiculous amount of development on the NW end of Nelson Co, and the schools would not have enough room for all the new people, so they built TNHS.

That development and population growth in NW Nelson Co. never happened.