Owensboro 82 Christian County 43

No - that is not a misprint. The worries I had about the Colonels reared their head last night. I didn't go to the game as I wanted to stay and watch UHA and HOptown. But Ware was off, only had 19 and we were down 21-0 to start the game.

We don't have a natural point guard. Some are saying trice will fill that role but I don't see it. Once Hoptown gets their guys back (if they do, several folks think Johnson is done for the year and Cager won't meet the "requirements" to be able to come back) I think we may end up 3rd in the district. After watching UHA last night I think they have to be the region 2 favorite.

Anyway, hopefully the Colonels can rebound and get back on track, but I worry that when we play teams that know how to defend us we will have a lot of trouble scoring. Coach Stovall can only do so much. (He's done a ton this year)

There was a running clock at the end of the 3rd quarter. I'd never seen that in a basketball game. Thought the official on the clock was sleeping at the wheel. Found out later that in was the rule. CC was as cold as it was outside at the beginning of the game, that really didn't help the situation.

Wow, what a shocker.

This team did lose a lot of horses the last 2 years, but man 40 points.

As mentioned above, their issue is scoring right now outside of Ware. Long is a solid athlete, but he's not gonna step into the Edwards/Mason role. I do not know if their are attitude issues, but I remember last year there was some turmoil within the team the 2nd half that caused them to slide. I remember the 2011 class that won state struggled early their freshman year(minus Hickey who was in Clarksville). They had a losing record in the regular season and went on to be region runner-up to the Scotty Hopson UHA squad. That core group won the next 3 region titles and won it all.

Coach Smith was not well equipped for the job, but Kerry Stovall is the man to fix a team. I think they are adding in a lot of new players and adjusting to a new coach as well. Stovall has always been huge on discipline and team chemistry. He was never scared to kick a guy off the team and have his guys "all-in".

I think they will get A LOT better with the return of Corey Trice. He averaged 11 points 6 boards on a stacked team last season. An elite defender, solid perpetrator, and has good ball handling skills. A D1 football player...senior 3rd year starting, I think he is what they need.

I don't think they are super deep to be a top 10 team in the state, but adding Trice will give them a punch at the title. I'll never count out a Kerry Stovall coached team.