Final Four and National Championship Predictions

ESPN.com has released the predicted Final Fours and National Champions by all of their college basketball analysts -- and honestly, I'm truly shocked at how few mentions of UK there are. I'm not a UK fan, but for only 2 or 3 of their analysts to have UK in their Final 4 is really interesting to me.

By the way, Tom Crean with a classic "I hate you, so I'm going to place HUGE expectations upon you that you're nearly a guarantee to fall short of, so I can say you under-achieved!" Brilliantly played....

Predicting college basketball's Final Four, national champion, coach of the year, player of the year

I actually agree with Crean in a sense. I think Xavier has a real shot to be Final Four good this year.

I'm not saying that Xavier doesn't have a real shot at getting to the Final Four, I'm simply saying that Crean HATES Chris (and his staff) with the intensity of 1,000 suns and is absolutely making that prediction with an agenda in mind.

I'm not saying that Xavier doesn't have a real shot at getting to the Final Four, I'm simply saying that Crean HATES Chris (and his staff) with the intensity of 1,000 suns and is absolutely making that prediction with an agenda in mind.

Maybe I'm off base, but don't most coaches dislike Crean rather intensely? I feel I've heard/read before that Crean is considered a giant tool bag in the coaching circles.

Maybe I'm off base, but don't most coaches dislike Crean rather intensely? I feel I've heard/read before that Crean is considered a giant tool bag in the coaching circles.

Not cared for, that is correct. Not at a Jim Calhoun-level of universal malice, but certainly in the Kevin O'Neill category for dislike. He is such a phony.

Can you say where the negative feelings Crean has for Mack come from?

Does Mack share the same feelings for Crean?

You can say, but you won't say? :lol:

It is two-fold: a) Travis Steele is / was very close to Kelvin Sampson and his son, whose tenure at IU is well documented. Secondly, they got locked in some fierce recruiting battles, most of which went Xavier's way, which created some ill-will. Mix in Jordan Crawford leaving IU for Xavier, and Tu Holloway de-committing from IU after Sampson's tenure and then heading to Xavier. There have been some personal shots made by Crean on Social Media over the years, a couple of the famous ones (quoting as best as I can recall without looking them up):

* There is an assistant coach at a midwest University that I wouldn't trust to park my car.

* I hate when head coaches inherit a program on 3rd base and then walk around bragging about hitting a triple.

Something to that effect.

It is two-fold: a) Travis Steele is / was very close to Kelvin Sampson and his son, whose tenure at IU is well documented. Secondly, they got locked in some fierce recruiting battles, most of which went Xavier's way, which created some ill-will. Mix in Jordan Crawford leaving IU for Xavier, and Tu Holloway de-committing from IU after Sampson's tenure and then heading to Xavier. There have been some personal shots made by Crean on Social Media over the years, a couple of the famous ones (quoting as best as I can recall without looking them up):

* There is an assistant coach at a midwest University that I wouldn't trust to park my car.

* I hate when head coaches inherit a program on 3rd base and then walk around bragging about hitting a triple.

Something to that effect.

Good stuff. Thank you for sharing.