Enquirer Headline about the Reds

PP1

The Enquirer told us that watching the Astros should give us hope. I've often heard that our rebuild is designed to mimick that of the Astros, Cubs, and Royals.

All of the those teams fired their managers until they found the right one.

Kind of funny that Dusty Baker and Joe Girardi were fired and that three of the Cubs coaches got fired and the Reds do nothing.

You need lemons to make lemonade. No one is doing much the last few years with that roster.

If the Cubs followed that logic they'd still have Dale Svuem as their manager. If the Astros followed that Logic, they'd still have Cecil Cooper. If Bryan Price followed that logic he wouldn't have fired Steve Smith (3b coach) or Mark Riggins (last year's pitching coach trying to work with Jon Lamb, Jumbo Diaz, Keyvus Sampson, and the others).

If the Cubs followed that logic they'd still have Dale Svuem as their manager. If the Astros followed that Logic, they'd still have Cecil Cooper. If Bryan Price followed that logic he wouldn't have fired Steve Smith (3b coach) or Mark Riggins (last year's pitching coach trying to work with Jon Lamb, Jumbo Diaz, Keyvus Sampson, and the others).

Ok so fire him when they get better. It doesn’t matter.

The Enquirer told us that watching the Astros should give us hope. I've often heard that our rebuild is designed to mimick that of the Astros, Cubs, and Royals.

Kind of funny that Dusty Baker and Joe Girardi were fired and that three of the Cubs coaches got fired and the Reds do nothing.

Its one thing to try to mimick those teams in a rebuild, its another thing to be able to actually accomplish it. For all the "rebuilds" that we have seen be successful the last 7 years. There has been many more rebuilds that never built anything, and ended up having to do a rebuild after the rebuild. I have never been one to excited about this "rebuild". With that said I hope I am wrong and the Reds truly do build this up nice with the rebuild. Its hard to watch bad baseball.

Unless I'm forgetting something, the Astros did a complete tear down and rebuild. They didn't have any contracts like Votto, Bailey, Mesoraco, etc. to deal with. (No need to rehash whether those were good contracts when signed OR even now, I'm just saying that makes the Reds rebuild a different animal than the Astros.)

I'll buy the Astros and Royals but the Cubs? They signed good free agent pitchers to help get them over the top.