Lexington/Central KY Power Rankings 10/22/17

1. 6A Scott County (8-2):

The Cardinals ended the season on a good note, defeating PleasureRidge Park 48-21. Scott County has next week off to prepare for the1st round of the 6A Playoffs where it looks like they willhost George Rogers Clark in the first round.

2. 2A Danville (10-0):

Danville done something this past Friday night that is very hard todo and that’s run the table during the regular season, can they runthe table for 5 more weeks and win a state championship?

3. 3A Boyle County (8-1):

The Rebels didn’t have a problem getting past Western Hills as theyrolled past the Wolverines 71-14 on their way to winning a districtchampionship and securing a home first round playoff game. BoyleCounty takes to the road next week to face the Titans of MercerCounty.

4. 2A LCA (8-1):

The Eagles can’t seem to get over the hump and defeat Danvillewho’s been a thorn in the side of the Eagles for years. The Eagleswill host Estill County this coming Friday night before heading intothe playoffs.

5. 3A Lexington Catholic (5-4):

Lexington Catholic defeated Garrard County 42-24 to claim the 2 seedin the playoffs. The Knights will end the season on the road nextFriday at Southwestern.

6. 6A:Frederick Douglass (7-2):

The Broncos defeated Henry Clay 14-7 on Friday night to claim the 2seed for the playoffs. The first ever school has had a great seasonso far, can they keep it up next week, when they host Conner?

7. 5A Madison Southern (7-2):

The Eagles defeated Anderson County 41-20 to win the district titleon Friday night and ran their win streak to 5 straight games, canthey keep the momentum going this week when they travel to WayneCounty?

8. 6A Madison Central (5-4):

Madison Central defeated George Rogers Clark 34-14 on Friday to pickup their 2nd straight win for the first time this season.Can they make it 3 in a row this week when they host Bryan Station?

9. WesternHills (6-3):

Western Hills have lost 2 of their last 3 games and only 4 point winover Garrard County kept it from being 3 straight losses. WesternHills ends the season at Harrison County this coming Friday.

10. 5A Montgomery County (7-2):

The Indians didn’t have a problem getting past Woodford CountyFriday as they rolled to a 61-14 win over the Yellow Jackets.Montgomery County ends the season on the road this week at LincolnCounty before heading into the playoffs.

TEAMS ON THE RISE:

4A: East Jessamine (6-4): The Jaguars have won 4 straight toend the season.

4A: Bourbon County (6-3): The Colonels have won 3 of theirlast 4 games.

6A: Henry Clay (4-5): Afterstarting the season off 0-3, the Blue Devils have won 4 of their last6 games.

TEAMS ON THEDOWNFALL:

Woodford County (0-9):Woodford County’s losing streak has reached 15 straight games.

Garrard County (3-6): TheGolden Lions have lost 4 straight games

Berea (0-9): The Pirateshave scored 19 points this season, struggled mightly.

PLAYER OF THEWEEK:

Dmauriae VanCleave (SR WR Danville) caught 8 passes for 206 yards and3 touchdowns in Danville’s 44-28 win over LCA.

GAME OF THEWEEK:

Madison Southern at Wayne County. The 7-2 Eagles travel down toWilliamsburg to take on the 8-1 Wayne County Cardinals in what shouldbe nothing short of a thrilling game.

I knew I was forgetting someone. Probably Swap Tates Creek and Madison Central and Put Central on down in the rankings or top teams rising

Great article, All State. I know if I tried to write an article like this I would forget a lot more than just one team. Nice job.

Having seen both teams play, I think Madison Southern would beat Frederick Douglass. However, it is hard to quibble with any of this (other than the Tates Creek omission). Good job! :thumb:

Mad South doesn't have the speed to compete with Douglas or Tates Creek. Not sure Lex Cath could hang with them either.