Louisville Power Rankings (8-21-17)

Bert

1. Trinity (1-0) – Trinity powerfully defended its top ranking with a strong showing against Indiana’s defending 6A champion. The Shamrocks will face another Hoosier opponent when they travel up to Indianapolis this Friday to face always strong Warren Central.

2. St. Xavier (1-0) – Not to be outdone by its archrival Trinity, the Tigers beat an Indy opponent also in Cathedral High School. With a week off, the following week X will face a fellow Bluegrass opponent but a mighty one in Bowling Green who the past several years has had an edge against St. X in their annual match up. Looks to be a great game to see in two weeks.

3. Male (1-0) – Male just couldn’t let #1 and #2 have all the fun beating Hoosier opponents, the Bulldogs pounded Floyd Central, IN 35-10. Next week H travels to the East side of Jefferson County to face Ballard where Male will be a favorite but should not be a blow out.

4. Christian Academy of Louisville (1-0) – CAL must have heard some of the doubts of a 2A school being ranked #4 and decided to prove their worth by beating 5A South Oldham 35-10. Next week the Centurions face 6A Eastern which could get ugly quick.

5. DeSales (1-0) – The Colts were not intimidated at all being a 2A school going up against the big boys in 6A of Ballard as the Colts beat the Bruins by 15. 6A Butler will probably DeSales' next victim this Friday.

6. Fern Creek (1-0) – The Tigers let Seneca have it winning 52-0. This week's opponent being Manual should provide a much better game for Fern Creek.

7. Central (1-0) – The Yellow Jackets are continuing the competitive play of last year's play offs by stinging Manual 7-0. Central is a heavy favorite this week against Western

8. Pleasure Ridge Park (1-0) – PRP climbs two spots as higher ranked teams faltered last Friday. Many will say the Panthers are more accurately ranked now and their pounding of Valley 41-6 doesn't hurt either. Things change drastically this week as PRP will host Bowling Green. A win is highly unlikely, let's just hope PRP keeps it competitive.

9. Manual (0-1) – Manual comes out of the gate this season and stumbles, being beaten by smaller class Central. Redemption is possible as the Crimsons will visit very good Fern Creek.

10. Shelby County (1-0) Welcome to the Louisville Power Rankings Rockets with a solid win over Fairdale. This week should be another win with Atherton.

Honorable Mention -

Spencer County (1-0) Spencer achieved revenge on Bardstown from last year's defeat. This week is Bullitt Central.

Doss (1-0) - Doss had a nice beat down of J-town but the real test is coming this week as the travel to South Oldham.

Teams on the Rise – Central for its nice win over Manual

Teams on the Decline – Manual for the reason mentioned above.

Featured Game of the Week – There will be two again this week. Trinity will again be defending Kentucky's reputation as the Shamrocks travel to Indianapolis to face Warren Central. In terms of two Kentucky teams, PRP hosting Bowling Green would seem to be the highlight.

South Oldham lost 28-14 to a very good, higher ranked CAL team and disappears. Manual loses to Central and only loses a few spots. The Doss game will tell us a little more about both Dragon teams.

Bobcat, That Doss game is going to be Really interesting! Got it on my radar! I wish it was Saturday night! I'd make it for sure! Good luck!

Bobcat, That Doss game is going to be Really interesting! Got it on my radar! I wish it was Saturday night! I'd make it for sure! Good luck!

Thanks 88!! Should be a good game for both teams and tell a lot about the rest of the season. Wish you all the best this week also vs PRP. Have to watch a replay of it if I can.