Anyone witness a hit and run accident in Downtown Cincinnati last Tuesday?

kinglouie

i figure there are a few folks who frequent the board who work downtown so taking a shot.

My son was riding an electric scooter making a delivery, last Tuesday around 1:00pm when he was hit by a white/silver van at the intersection of 9th and Sycamore. Needless to say the guy took off after announcing he had no license. My son will be OK but he has a long road ahead of him with regards to his left wrist. First surgery on Friday lasted 4.5 hours. Anyway, looking for anyone who may have seen or have any information on this incident which took place last Tuesday 5/2 at about 1:00pm.

Please shoot me a PM if you do.

Thanks!

I now have a personal rule of taking a picture of a car and license plate anytime I have a concern. For example, a few months back a guy started barking at me because he felt I parked too close to the front bumper of his car, even though he had four feet to back up and get out of the parking spot he was in. I took a picture of his license plate and his car as I went in to have lunch, just in case he was thinking about doing something to my car. I made sure he saw me doing it also. If I am in an accident of any kind, the first thing I will do is go and take a picture of the car and license plate that hit me.

I know that doesn't help your son with this incident but it is something for people reading all this to think about. Good luck on finding the hit and run driver.

All the cameras they have down there and they cant figure out who it was?

The police told us that they hoped they would be able to, but thus far have not given us any information. I too thought they would be able to find on a camera, but since we have not heard anything I am worried that they can't.

The police told us that they hoped they would be able to, but thus far have not given us any information. I too thought they would be able to find on a camera, but since we have not heard anything I am worried that they can't.

Stay on the investigating officer.

Thanks - yes we are supposed to meet them tomorrow I think it is.

Great news @kinglouie

And I talked to a really smart friend about what you have disclosed on BGP and here is what they had to say:

Kinglouie (or his son) needs to contact an attorney -- his son should have an uninsured motorist (UM) claim regardless of whether they can track down the at-fault party or not. Assuming it's a KY policy, he will need to prove that there was physical contact between his son and the fleeing vehicle in order to trigger coverage.

On top of the UM claim, it sounds like he may have a workers' comp claim.

Odds are they won't be able to track down the at-fault driver, and even if they do, it's even more unlikely that the owner of the vehicle will cooperate since he'd potentially be facing felony charges.

Great news @kinglouie

And I talked to a really smart friend about what you have disclosed on BGP and here is what they had to say:

Kinglouie (or his son) needs to contact an attorney -- his son should have an uninsured motorist (UM) claim regardless of whether they can track down the at-fault party or not. Assuming it's a KY policy, he will need to prove that there was physical contact between his son and the fleeing vehicle in order to trigger coverage.

On top of the UM claim, it sounds like he may have a workers' comp claim.

Odds are they won't be able to track down the at-fault driver, and even if they do, it's even more unlikely that the owner of the vehicle will cooperate since he'd potentially be facing felony charges.

Thank you. Yes Workers Comp claim has been filed, and we are meeting with an attorney next week.

Thanks!