Open Job: Calloway County

A better question is would they have any interest in him?

Any specific reason why they wouldn't be? I was at Murray the same time with Coach Cross in the early 90's (before he started coaching). We weren't friends by any means, just knew each other through pick up games in the old North gym. Always seemed like a decent enough guy, and he seemed to have had some success with the girls program there at Murray, at least as much as anyone has, and more than most. Appears to me, at least on the surface most high schools would have at least some sort of interest in someone with DI head coaching experience, at least enough to give an interview if the coach is interested. Of course this is from an outsider looking in.

Any specific reason why they wouldn't be? I was at Murray the same time with Coach Cross in the early 90's (before he started coaching). We weren't friends by any means, just knew each other through pick up games in the old North gym. Always seemed like a decent enough guy, and he seemed to have had some success with the girls program there at Murray, at least as much as anyone has, and more than most. Appears to me, at least on the surface most high schools would have at least some sort of interest in someone with DI head coaching experience, at least enough to give an interview if the coach is interested. Of course this is from an outsider looking in.

No reason. I am not sure if he is staying in the area. His X and Os were the question from what I hear.

He very well could get a look. I am not sure who they would have apply. Word is one of the assistants (Sawyer Donohoo) is going with Birdsong to Marshall.

Edited by theguru
Rule 4

Guest fogdog.com

I think he would make a great high school coach, not being out on the road recruiting players would help him.

• 1 month later...
This is a good time to get a two for one question in since it is in the same county. Any news on the vacancies at either Calloway County or Murray?

Last I heard on Murray was they were considering one of the assistants.

Calloway offered to a coach in Illinois he turned them down. I have heard nothing this past week.

• 2 weeks later...

Per last Wednesday's West Kentucky Star, Brad Cleaver is the new head basketball coach at Calloway County. According to the article, he is a Calloway County alumnus that played college ball at Morehead State.