Litkenhous Ratings for 2-15-16

They also beat Henry Clay earlier in the season.

These ratings are so far off it is laughable. As someone deeply involved with the Oldham County schools, I can objectively say they do not even have the correct team from Oldham County ranked! South Oldham should be ranked if Oldham County is. But I would say that without a doubt Owen County is the best team in the 8th Region and they are not ranked at all? Like I have said for years, these rankings are absurd and mean nothing. This is the latest example.

If it's any consolation, Owen County is 21st (first team outside of Top 20).

I would expect the Owen County coaches and players are just laughing at these ratings. Games are won on the court. South Oldham beats up on Oldham County and they are unranked. Owen County defeats South Oldham, yet they are not worthy of the top 20?

Those of us that follow the 10th region have said all season that the trip to Rupp is up for grabs. Both Lit and Cantrell validate this. Here is the "spread" between the top-ranked team in each region and the corresponding 12th-ranked team:

Region 1 41.1

Region 2 48.5

Region 3 16.4

Region 4 31.5

Region 5 27.2

Region 6 29.3

Region 7 36.9

Region 8 26.7

Region 9 26.9

Region 10 14.2

Region 11 30.5

Region 12 30.8

Region 13 33.9

Region 14 27.6 (Cordia ineligible)

Region 15 27.7

Region 16 20.4

These ratings are so far off it is laughable. As someone deeply involved with the Oldham County schools, I can objectively say they do not even have the correct team from Oldham County ranked! South Oldham should be ranked if Oldham County is. But I would say that without a doubt Owen County is the best team in the 8th Region and they are not ranked at all? Like I have said for years, these rankings are absurd and mean nothing. This is the latest example.

Perhaps it's because you incorrectly view computer ratings as some head-to-head standings instead of what they really are, a comparison of how teams have performed through the entire season.

South Oldham has nothing that can compare to Oldham County's three best wins this season (North Hardin, Male and Eastern).

Yes, some teams are ranked behind teams they've defeated. Welcome to reality.

I love the Lit-Ratings. Always used them while on-the-air. I'll take computer ratings over "people-voting" every time. Takes the personality, the what-have-you-accomplished-lately attitude, the "who-won-the-last-game against-so-and-so," and the folks who trade votes out of it.

If you prefer the AP poll (or Cantrell or whatever,) I'm fine with that. The more different kinds, the more fun. The more conversation. This is a part of sports that should be just fun.

Those of us that follow the 10th region have said all season that the trip to Rupp is up for grabs. Both Lit and Cantrell validate this. Here is the "spread" between the top-ranked team in each region and the corresponding 12th-ranked team:

Region 1 41.1

Region 2 48.5

Region 3 16.4

Region 4 31.5

Region 5 27.2

Region 6 29.3

Region 7 36.9

Region 8 26.7

Region 9 26.9

Region 10 14.2

Region 11 30.5

Region 12 30.8

Region 13 33.9

Region 14 27.6 (Cordia ineligible)

Region 15 27.7

Region 16 20.4

Further support that the 10th Regional tournament might be the most unpredictable and highly contested in the state. Going to be 4 of 12 that aren't going to qualify, but yet had potential to go deep.

Perhaps it's because you incorrectly view computer ratings as some head-to-head standings instead of what they really are, a comparison of how teams have performed through the entire season.

South Oldham has nothing that can compare to Oldham County's three best wins this season (North Hardin, Male and Eastern).

Yes, some teams are ranked behind teams they've defeated. Welcome to reality.

I guess Oldham County is still recovering from that trip to Arizona based on last night's game at Owen County. As I said, these ratings are way off. Welcome to the reality of head to head games, not a computer with flawed systems making the calls.