DAWGHAUS ratings week 3

This is week 3 of the DAWGHAUS ratings. I take both human (BGP, AP) and computer (Cantrall, LIT, Maher) polls and combine them into one ranking. A first place vote gets 25 points, 2nd=24 and so on. Here are the top 20 with total points.

1. Dunbar (119)

2. Mercer County (117.5)

3. Trinity (105)

4. Covington Catholic (102.5)

5. Christian County (102)

6. Scott County (99.5)

7. Lafayette (94.5)

8. Bullitt East (93)

9. Bowling Green (75)

10. Ballard (74)

11. Male (67)

12. Southwestern (66.5)

13. Henry Clay (61.5)

14. Newport Catholic (45.5)

15. St. Xavier (43.5)

16. North Hardin (37.5)

17. Hopkinsville (30)

18. Fern Creek (29)

19. Owen County (28)

20. Cooper (26)

Shelby Valley?

I was thinking the same thing. I follow the 15th and Lawrence County is heavily favored to win that region and not in the rankings or mentioned. Shelby Valley has two good scorers in Hunter Swindall and Lamont Wright that will keep them in alot of games, but not in the top 3 in the 15th as of right now IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. I follow the 15th and Lawrence County is heavily favored to win that region and not in the rankings or mentioned. Shelby Valley has two good scorers in Hunter Swindall and Lamont Wright that will keep them in alot of games, but not in the top 3 in the 15th as of right now IMO.
I know Greenup Co beat them, and the only team in 15 who could be in mix is Lawrence Co. After that no team I 16th or 15th are top 20.

Points in the AP are garbage, that's just local newspaper guys voting for their own team!

Happens a lot.

Here's a phenomenon that you often see with "mountain teams". Sometimes they rarely venture outside their region. If they're a strong team looking for exposure, not always the case. Take a quick look at the 15th.

Lawrence County is currently 17-3. 4-0 in the 15th region. Strong team that played a bunch of games in OOR holiday tournaments.

Shelby Valley is 14-4; 11-2 in the region. Their holiday tournaments were close to home (Prestonsburg and Pikeville). They haven't left the mountains.

Magoffin County is 11-5. 11-3 in the region. The two OOR losses are to Knott County and North Laurel. They haven't left the mountains.

Any number of factors could be involved. Limited travel budget, traditional rivalries, etc. Just something I've always found interesting.

6 points in the AP.

The also receiving votes in the AP Poll would be absolutely worthless if not for a slight comical value. As long as there are enough total votes (18 this week is actually a pretty high figure compared to the norm) the top 6-8 is usually reasonably accurate, but one or two weird votes can effect the last couple actual spots. You will also see some obvious homer votes in the ARV category.