What's changed about embedding videos?

Jim Schue

OK, so what am I missing? Is there some extra step in there beyond pasting the link after I click on the "insert video" tab on BGP?

Are you using the insert video link in the toolbar?

Jinx post.

Yes, to answer your question.

What I'm seeing in your OP is an iframe and that should not be there. That's part of an embed snippet.

You cannot paste the code taken from the YouTube embed function on BGP. Directly on the page or pasting it in the insert video dialog box. At least that has never worked for me.

I'm not sitting behind you so I can't see what you are doing. I can only tell you how I do it.

When I'm on YouTube, I highlight and copy the address of the video displayed in my browser's address bar.

I then click on the insert video icon on the BGP tool bar and paste the copied address in the dialog box and click OK.

Ever since the change, I'm in the same boat......can't post a video. I'm doing the same thing I did in the past, but with no luck!!!:down:

I discovered this a few days ago. If you use the youtu.be link, it doesn't work. If you copy it in the URL bar at the top, where it still says youtube.com, then you're fine.