Rand Paul Launches Presidential Bid

New Hampshire is a must win:

Live free or die: Rand Paul says he has to win New Hampshire | Rand Paul | Kentucky.com

I believe Paul is setting specific goals for his run. Even though he is in the top 4 he certainly is not the establishment choice (read Karl Rove). So it seems he knows he must make a big splash early.

Regardless how far he goes I thinks its good he will be in the mix - at least early. I believe he will bring some ideas to the debate and not just let personally and power-brokers set the agenda - again at least early.

But I believe he has a serious up-hill challenge. His non-nonsense personality will probably make it hard to generate excitement. I doubt you will ever hear him do a contrived 'I feel your pain'. When it comes to that 'connecting' he is no Bill Clinton.

Do you think he runs a long time or will this be a short run?

I think he definitely frightens the establishment of the GOP because they feel they have no control over him. With that in mind, if he's able to make a big statement early, the RNC and the GOP establishment will have no choice but to deal with him on his terms, and not theirs.

IMO I think he is a good candidate for consideration for POTUS however I think he will struggle to get out of the primaries as he may not be what GOP is looking for in an "ideal" candidate.

Based on the likely Republican nominees I'd be most inclined to vote for Rand Paul myself.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I'm not too concern over this, you can't control family members 100% of the time. But, this is the 3rd alcohol offense his son has had in a short period of time, he needs to get help.

The only thing that "some might" bring up is Paul's outcry for help in finding dirt on any of the Clinton's. I see this as being a quiet inter-party issue among the republican voters. But to me, it's not an issue that I would let rule my judgment of who to vote for.

But, I see where Ray Ban has told Paul to stop selling their Ray Ban's and Rand Ban's. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea.

The only thing that "some might" bring up is Paul's outcry for help in finding dirt on any of the Clinton's. I see this as being a quiet inter-party issue among the republican voters. But to me, it's not an issue that I would let rule my judgment of who to vote for.

Is that even a thing? I can't believe their was an "Outcry" for help...the Clinton's have so much dirt they look like Pigpen walking down the street...you don't have to look too hard to find it. BTW...you'll never find enough to dissuade Dems from voting for Hillary.

• 2 months later...