Regionals

Just Jim

Regionals and a chance to go to state are this weekend in Ky. I'm not sure what is happening in the rest of the state, but Region 6 (NKY) is at Cooper High School. I believe the first 2 rounds of the championship are Friday Feb. 13th and the rest will take place on Sat. the 14th. Looks like it is Campbell Co as the favorite and then probably/possibly Ryle,Cooper,Scott? Track Wrestling just posted the seeding.

Who do you have winning and the weights?

Top seeds:

106 Yenter CC

113 Moore WV

120 Huston Cooper

126 Erdman Ryle

132 Smith WV

138 Wiley Conner

145 Ashford Scott

152 Belk Ryle

160 Meiman Ryle

170 Sowder Scott

182 Matthews CC

195 Miller SK

220 Myers CC

285 Johnson DH

How about the latest at St.X.

Dominic Lampe, top contender for a state title at 170 will not be able to compete in regionals (or state), after being suspended for having a can of dip on him. School policy is a 2-3? day suspension and since he will not be at school he will not be eligible. Tough lesson.

Saw that about Lampe. Feel sorry for him but he knew the rules, he violated them (intentionally or not) and gets to pay the price. From what I heard, somebody lit off a firecracker in the locker room and the dip was discovered during a search.

As a St X graduate I wish they'd spend as much time searching for actual illegal drugs as they did for firecrackers. They're a little bit more of a problem than dip.

Depending on what time this starts, I may be there. It would be nice to get to meet some of the BGP members.

If I show, I'll be wearing a black Erick Silva Bad Boy t-shirt and a solid black baseball type cap. Possibly my grey Bad Boy hoodie with Silva on the back.

Wrestling should start around 9:30 on Saturday. I'll be there, but will be down on the mats helping out with Scott High.

Saw that about Lampe. Feel sorry for him but he knew the rules, he violated them (intentionally or not) and gets to pay the price. From what I heard, somebody lit off a firecracker in the locker room and the dip was discovered during a search.

As a St X graduate I wish they'd spend as much time searching for actual illegal drugs as they did for firecrackers. They're a little bit more of a problem than dip.

Dogs are brought in twice a year.