Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

el gato

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by el gato

  1. I disagree. If they had lost him in December or January, maybe.....but you can't lose your leading scorer and rebounder in the semi-finals of the region and be expected to make the necessary adjustments in a couple of days and win the 11th region, I don't care how much other talent you have.
  2. Darren Ballou - Adair Co.
  3. :scared::scared::scared: NO THANKS :isurrender:
  4. I have heard that it is a result of overcrowding in the 9th. They want to move GRC and Montgomery out of the 10th to make room for more teams from the 9th. Don't know if there is any truth to this, but that is what I've heard.
  5. As a Montgomery Co. taxpayer, I wouldn't be mad. We have a fantastic new arena that now allows us to host a boy's and girl's holiday tournament at the same time by utilizing the new arena and the Barn. We also have been fortunate enough to host the KY Prep Classic for the past two years. While I'm sure that the prospect of hosting the 10th region tournament was a factor in the decision to build a new gym, it was not the only reason. As far as having to travel to Morehead every year, that would actually be much better than our current situation. Compare the travel over the last four years from Mt. Sterling to the site of the 10th and 16th region tournaments: 10th Region 2006 Maysville - 50 miles 2007 Maysville - 50 miles 2008 Mt. Sterling - 0 miles 2009 NKU - 120 miles Total - 220 miles 16th Region 2006-2009 Morehead - 32 miles each year Total - 128 miles Having said all of this, I'm not in favor of Montgomery Co. moving to the 16th. While it may be better from a competitive standpoint in most years, I'd hate to see them and GRC both moved out of the 40th district because of the great rivalry that they have.
  6. West Jessamine Adair Co. Central Eastern Lex. Catholic Holmes Shelby Valley Elliott Co. Adair Co. Eastern Holmes Elliott Co. Eastern Elliott Co. Elliott Co. TB 141
  7. No way that makes any sense....just look at a map.
  8. The arena is fantastic....a great place to watch a game. I had no problems at all getting in or out, however, I parked in the premium parking lot next to the arena and not in the garage. Also loved the opportunity to get to watch two regional finals on the same night. The drive from Mt. Sterling was very long, but it would be hypocritical to complain about the long drive and then expect fans from the 37th to make the drive to Mt. Sterling when Montgomery hosts. Concessions were a bit pricey but they did have a nice selection. The biggest thing lacking for me was the atmosphere you get with a packed house at a high school gym. Simply no way to create it in a larger arena. It's the same way in the 16th at MSU. All in all, I'd say good job. :thumb: I would be in favor of a 3 year rotation between the Fieldhouse, Montgomery Co., and BOK at NKU. I think that would be the best and most fair scenario for everyone.
  9. WOW! The 16th doesn't start until Saturday and the officials are already HORRIBLE :idunno: ......tough crowd.
  10. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the release, they would only be able to broadcast the games of the school(s) they cover. Meaning WFTM could only do Mason County and/or St. Pat's games, WMST could only do Montgomery County's games, etc. :idunno:
  11. .....And you may be talking about several buses on snow covered rural roads in the morning vs. 1 or 2 buses on a cleared interstate in the evening.
  12. Friday night session will be a HOT ticket!!!
  13. If they make a deep run in the All A and in the post-season, he could finish his career in the top 5 all time career scorers........pretty impressive.
  14. According to the records on the KHSAA web page, he would make number 30. http://www.khsaa.org/records/basketball/boysbkrecords.pdf
  15. Mason County is better at this point than I thought they would be. They have such a strong program that I never expect them to be bad, but I did think they would fall back more than they have after losing the players they lost from last year. They are a few missed FT's away from having a very impressive record.
  16. This one has a little more meaning than the first matchup between these two because it is a seed game and the winner will be in the driver's seat for the #1 seed in the district. GRC should win, but in this rivalry you never know.
  17. Billy Hicks would be my first choice. I also like Tim Riley, Wayne Breeden (a little surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet), and David Henley, and I've been very impressed with what Champ Ligon has done at Bryan Station the last couple of years.
  18. Don't you mean J.W.? Great to see him back in the game.
  19. Having seen all three play, I could make a case for any of the top 3 as the #1 team, but I do think those three are a notch above the rest. Elliott Co.'s starting 5 can play with anybody, but their lack of depth and size are concerns for me. Scott Co. certainly has the talent and depth. How far they go will depend on how well they play together down the stretch, which is an area I think they can improve upon. Holmes may be the most complete TEAM right now. They have great discipline....I love to watch them play. I hope all three make it to Rupp....would make a very entertaining Sweet 16.
  20. :sssh: agreed....however, that was more a KHSAA decision than an officiating one.
  21. Mason was up 2 with the ball less than a minute to go. After a long delay to tend to a fan who needed medical attention, Middleton missed the front end of the bonus. Scott Co. gets back to back old fashioned 3pt plays sandwiched around another Middleton miss of a front end and Scott Co. scored the last 9 points.
  22. I'd say the BBA in the 10th/11th allow a little more physical play than they do in the 16th. They are pretty consistant with it though and you know what you're going to get. IMO the BBA is the best around.
  23. I think it was simply a matter of a lot of frustration built up throughout the course of the game, rather than one specific call. The first T came when he protested a foul called on MC. Then he got the second immediately after for walking out on the floor towards the official. It was pretty clear to me that after he got the first one, he had seen enough and was going to make them call the second one and get ejected. I've seen Coach G many times, and this is the first time I've seen him come close to losing his cool. I thought the officiating was terrible....both ways. A ton of fouls were called on both teams and the game took forever. As someone stated earlier, they call the games much differently in the 16th than they do in the BBA. The officiating did not make a difference in the outcome, however......maybe the margin, but not the outcome. Montgomery Co. simply didn't play well at all. They shot the ball terribly (missed their first 13 3pt shots) and didn't have an answer for Metz.
  24. Has anyone considered geography as a reason? How many teams in the top 20 are less than a 2 hour bus ride from Sandy Hook? I see maybe two, GRC and Mason Co., and both are at least 1:45 by bus from Sandy Hook.....and btw, they are playing Mason Co. in the second year of a home and home. Other than those two, the next closest teams I see in the top 20 are in Lexington or Pikeville (Shelby Valley), both of which are 2+ hours by bus from Sandy Hook. I'm not from Elliott Co. so I don't know the answer to this, but I do know that some schools have placed limits on the length of road trips for sporting events due to the economy and high fuel prices. With all of that being said, I really don't understand why so many people are making such a big deal about Elliott's schedule. With all of the committments previously mentioned (district games, EKC conf. games, and All "A"), I think they have a reasonable schedule for a class A school with neutral court games against a top team from WV and a very good Anderson Co. team, the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, and a home game with Mason Co. Again, I'm not from Elliott Co., but I have seen them play this year. I've also seen Holmes, Scott Co., Bryan Station, Ballard, Henry Clay and GRC. Regardless of Elliott's schedule, they would hold their own against any of those teams IMO.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.