Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Coach ?

Featured Replies

If you were starting a high school program who would your choice for coach be and why? Please use only current high school coaches.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know the names of BGPers but many of them have claimed to have great knowledge of the game with their posts bashing coaches on here so any of them may be a great choice.

Dont know the names of BGPers but many of them have claimed to have great knowledge of the game with their posts bashing coaches on here so any of them may be a great choice.

 

I was going to vote for myself, until I read they had to be a current high school coach. :thumb:

To me it depends on where the school is located and the dynamics of the students involved.

If it's a country school (mountains or most of the "County" Schools, I would go with Billy Hicks.

If the school is in an inner city I would choose Tim Riley from Warren Central.

For a private school I'd choose Mike Code.

Norm Bowling or Roscoe Denney.

Dinky Phipps from Barbourville.

 

He does amazing things with that small school's basketball team. Very competitive, hard worker. If I had been Harlan County I would have given him a serious look to start their program. But I was told by someone close to that area that he would never leave Barbourville. He likes it there, and has a good position with the school district.

Norm Bowling or Roscoe Denney.

 

I was thinking the same thing. Proved to be a winner every where he goes. After talking to him several times I would have to say he is the top 3 most knowledgable people of basketball I know.

I like Phipps. I think he does a great job with his teams at Barbourville. I would love to see him win a regional title before he calls it quits.

Jim Hicks from Conner and Dave Faust of our beloved St. Henry!!!:dancingpa

Kevin Klein at St. X. He did a great job at Waggener and is doing very well with the Tigers this year. They have played a tough schedule and their losses have all been very close to good teams.

  • Author

It is great to see someone appreciate Coach Faust @ St. Henry. He does a great job.

Coach Humphrey from GRC should be high on the list.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.