Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Under and over achievments

Featured Replies

At this point in the year, what teams have underachieved and what teams have overachived?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to hand it to Rose Hill. After losing their first four (three of them against 16th Region competition), they are 12-1 since. Count me among those who thought that with the transfer out of two highly regarded players they could not be having the kind of year they are.

 

They have an outside shot of winning 20 games this year.

  • Author

I'm surprised at how welll Henry county has done. Big contrast from last year.

 

While WTown has an improved record, I expected them to have a better record. I expected them to win some district games. I guess there is still time.

Anderson County has surprised me. They lost some key players, I thought, from last year, and they didn't look that strong in the summer. However, they are having a good season and have presented a big challenge to some of the top teams in the state.

16th Region Over achievers West Carter, Rose Hill, & Menifee Co.

Underachievers Ashland, & East Carter.JMO

8th Region:

 

Over-achiever: Henry County. The Wildcats have played only a moderately difficult schedule, but you have to hand it to Coach Holland's bunch - they're winning! At 14-5 as of today, the Wildcats have a legitimate shot at a 20-win season as they will be favored in 5 of their remaining 8 games and only a significant underdog in 1 (vs. Anderson County). The Wildcats are a solid contender in the balanced 31st district.

 

Under-achiever: Owen County. Way too much talent to be 7-9.

I will focus on over-achievers. One team from each region. Not being an expert on many regions (some would say on NO regions), I may be way off base, but here goes...

 

Region 1. Ballard Memorial. Finished last year 2-21. Ballard currently stands at 8-7; 5-5 in region play. A 6-point loss to Murray in the season opener served notice that they wouldn't be doormats this year. According to the stats report, Ballard had hit 36% of their 3-point attempts through their first 11 games.

Region 2. Lyon County. Finished the 2007-08 season at 13-14; LC was projeced as a middle-of-the-pack 2nd Region squad. Led by Ramsay Walker's 21 points and 8 boards per game, Lyon County is currently 12-3; 10-2 in region play and 6-0 in the district.

10th region overachievers:

 

Mason- they're better right now than I expected them to be and improving every night!

Scott- see above.

 

I'm not saying I thought either would be bad, just didn't figure either to be a frontrunner this year.

 

underachiever:

 

Bracken- I thought with a new coach would maybe come a new attitude... I guess not. They have been playing better as of late. Hopefully they can put a streak together this week.

Region 3. Grayson County. While much was expected, GC has delivered. 15-2 on the year with 10 straight wins. A 3-point loss to regional power Owensboro and a 6-point loss to Seneca are the only blemishes on the season.

IMO - It takes more than just a better record to "over achieve".

10th for me - Mason Co. is playing great and playing a tough schedule. The younger kids on the team believe they are supposed to win - and are playing with a lot of confidence.

11th - Bryan Station in spite of the large point margin in the game with Scott Co. they are doing well after losing some very talented players to graduation last year.

8th - Anderson Co. everyone knew Penny was good, but his team mates have stepped up their game against very good competition

16th - Menifee Co. play hard and together. few could have expected them to lead the district race.

16th - Rose Hill. Those frosh must be awful good. For that team to come together after losing Euton and Jackson and their first 4 games is impressive.

Mason County is better at this point than I thought they would be. They have such a strong program that I never expect them to be bad, but I did think they would fall back more than they have after losing the players they lost from last year. They are a few missed FT's away from having a very impressive record.

Mason County is better at this point than I thought they would be. They have such a strong program that I never expect them to be bad, but I did think they would fall back more than they have after losing the players they lost from last year. They are a few missed FT's away from having a very impressive record.

 

They also have very good coaches in the grades and in Jr high. That really helps. I saw them play this summer and they looked good to me then.

Region 4. Russell County. While no one will argue that the schedule has been a Murderer's Row, it's hard to find fault with a 15-1 record at this point of the season. Consecutive 4th Region wins over Greenwood, Cumberland County and Clinton County; the last two on the road.

Region 5. Campbellsville. After a 10-17 campaign last season, C'ville has already won 11 games, including a win over arch-rival Taylor County in the Coca-Cola holiday tourney. Nice win over Meade County the last time out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.