Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

el gato

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by el gato

  1. Stenzel is only a freshman so you'll get plenty of chances in the coming years. :lol:
  2. 6. Know somebody in Frankfort with some political influence that will allow you to build it bigger. That may be tough to do though. With the state budget the way it is, I doubt you'll get much support for spending money on making a high school gym bigger when it would probably only be filled up once every four years at most.
  3. So why wait until after the state tournament then? You're making my point for me.
  4. So you would penalize a player on a team that get's beat out in the first round of the district tournament? That's what would happen if you waited, the players that went deepest into the postseason would get more publicity.
  5. Simple, just reaching for another reason to discredit Montgomery's ability to host.
  6. No, it usually comes out the week before postseason play begins.
  7. My question is who sent the "anonymous" letter to the KHSAA and why not have the guts to sign your name to it? Sounds like somebody just trying to cause trouble to me. Bath Co. has been the irrelevant doormat of the 16th region for years, and now that they're making some serious noise in the region, could it be that somebody has become a little paranoid? :sssh:
  8. First of all I don't think an official should do a game involving a school that he attended, and for the most part, I don' think this happens. As far as a friend, former teammate, or college roommate, I think it depends on the current relationship. I don't know what the relationship is in this situation, but I'd say a lot of people stay in contact with their college roommate and many remain really close friends for life. If that is the case, then he shouldn't be doing the games, and by doing the games, I'd say the official himself would be partly to blame. It would be in his best interest to remove himself from the game and avoid being subjected to unwarranted criticism. Again, I don't know about this particular situation. If the two really haven't remained in close contact over the years, then I really don't see that big of a deal with it. However, if the KHSAA also sent a letter to the official and to the assigning secretary as has been posted here earlier, then I'd say they felt the relationship may have crossed the line. Either way, my point was that Coach Hicks' comments came after a very emotional game where the stakes were about as big as they get. I don't think his comments were that unusual or out of line. Regardless, he chose to self-impose a one game suspension to avoid any further distractions.
  9. I realize that, but that would do nothing to solve this arguement. There still isn't a neutral site to play the semis and finals. Some would still complain about fairness if the semis and finals were in Maysville every year, and others would complain about the size of the gym and the location if the semis and finals were played in Mt. Sterling.
  10. I'm guessing the 37th since it's in Alexandria.
  11. Sounds to me like people are making a big deal out of nearly nothing. Who could blame a coach for making a comment like that after a very emotional game with so much at stake? Especially if the RH coach was commenting on it during the game as has been suggested on here. I really don't see it as being that big of a deal. IMO, if the assigning secretary was doing his/her job, then this official wouldn't be doing any games in which his college roommate was coaching anyway. The official also could have avoided any conflict by taking himself off of RH games. I know of several similar situations where officials don't work certain teams' games because they are too close to the coach or school. Why put yourself in that position in the first place? Regardless, Coach Hicks chose not to fight this and let it linger through the post-season, even though it appears to me that he had every reason too. He voluntarily chose to sit out the EC game and put the issue to bed. Keep up the good work Coach Hicks and the Wildcats, and best of luck in the post-season! :thumb:
  12. Problem is there isn't a neutral site in the 10th capable of hosting such an event like the 11th has in Memorial, EKU, and the Frankfort Civic Center....at least not until the new arena at NKU is finished.
  13. I don't think the article was attempting to name every winner since 1970, just the teams that had won the most times. They probably also included Montgomery Co. becasue they are hosting and are considered by most people to be the second ranked team in the region this year.
  14. 5 to 1 assist to turnover ratio...WOW! :scared: Very impressive. :thumb:
  15. You are correct. GRC played Bourbon in the first game followed by Montgomery vs. Paris.
  16. Great work Trojans! :thumb: I forgot about Paintsville. The others were who I had in my top 5. The other information you're looking for can be found in a Sweet 16 program if anyone has one. I have one, but it's at home and I'm at work.
  17. Hard to argue with this list. I think you also have to consider a couple of Louisville programs.....Ballard and PRP come to mind for me. Warren Central would have to be mentioned as well based on their recent run.
  18. You are completely missing the point. For the girls region, they won't be playing the boys region on the same night. Therefore fans won't have to choose between going to the girls game or the boys game. If that were the case and fans did in fact have to choose, I'm sure that travel expenses would have a bearing on the decision for some, but certainly not all of the fans.
  19. He said from a financial standpoint, not which game would be more entertaining. From a financial standpoint, it's not hard to figure out. Stay home and watch the boys, or travel to watch the girls (high gas prices & probably eat out).
  20. I'm pretty sure the regional schedules are like they were last year: Girls: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat Boys: Wed, Thurs, Sat afternoon, Sun afternoon
  21. I don't know any details, but I heard that the play at GRC was what was causing conflicts resulting in the screwed up schedule.
  22. Surely somebody has some knowledge as to how they came up with this schedule. There has to be more to the story. I'd say it looks like it was drawn up by a third grader, but that would be an insult to all the third graders out there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.