Everything posted by el gato
-
Lessons from Chris and Darius
- Lessons from Chris and Darius
So the first article, in the Lexington paper, written by an unbiased Mike Fields had the numbers incorrect, but the second article, in the Maysville paper, based on quotes from a Mason Co. administrator is accurate?- Montgomery Co. 73 LCA 61
- Lessons from Chris and Darius
I don't know if they have asked for help or if they have been turned down. You said earlier that it would be ridiculous for Mason Co. administrators to offer help because the Montgomery Co. administrators hadn't given any help in the past. You asked why it should be any different this year. I was simply trying to show you the difference. I don't think Mason Co. has needed any help or advice because they have done a fine job for many years. This will be Montgomery's first attempt and I'm sure they can use all the help/advice they can get. However, after reading the article, Mr. Hester doesn't sound to me like somebody willing to help. As for the bashing, seems to me most of the bashing is coming from people outside of Montgomery Co. The gym's too small, the drive's too long, the walk to the hospitality room is too long, and the hospitality room isn't any good anyway. I for one won't be making any excuses if it is a flop, which I don't think it will be. The only way Mason Co. fans can be blamed for or contributing to it being a flop, would be if they don't come at all and the attendance suffers as a result......and I know that won't be an issue.- Lessons from Chris and Darius
Let's say you are a builder and have been building houses for over 30 years. Furthermoere, let's say I have never built a house before in my life. Would you expect me to give you advice on building a house? I'd say you'd be somewhat offended if I even offered. Now let's say I decide to get into the business and I'm about to start building my first house. Wouldn't it make sense for me to seek out the advice of someone who's been doing it for over 30 years? Do you see the difference here? Now you may not want to give me any advice because maybe you are afraid that I would build a better house and would take away some of your business in the future. In fact, you may hope that my first house turns out to be such a disaster that I never build another one. That would be your right, and maybe that is the attitude the Mason Co. people have. If so, it sounds selfish and somewhat childish to me.- Rowan Co 63 GRC 61
This is one of the most shocking scores I've seen this year. :scared: I thought GRC would handle Rowan easily.- Bath Co 62 Bourbon Co 36
Don't know exactly when, but it's been a long time! Roy Wright had some nice teams back in the 1985-1990 years. Best Bath Co. teams ever were 1975-1977. Won the 10th region in '75 & '77 and were runner-up in'76 I believe.- Bath Co 62 Bourbon Co 36
Congrats! Bath Co. playing well right now....winners of six straight. Good luck in All A next week. :thumb:- Best Technical Story
How about when former KY high school referee, John Hampton, T'd up Houston coach Tom Penders in a Conference USA game against UAB? Penders, who has a heart ailment, collapsed to the floor right after Hampton had called a foul on a Houston player. Hampton, thinking Penders was protesting the call, gave him a technical. After Penders was removed from the gym on a stretcher, the three officials huddled and decided NOT to rescind the technical! :confused: I still give John a hard time about this every time I see him. :lol:- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
It's actually 4 straight L's to Scott Co. if I'm not mistaken.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
What was the crowd like?- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
You do play hard and try to win every game. But every team peaks at some point during the season, by peak I mean the point in the season when you are playing your best basketball. Nobody wants that time to be mid January.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
11th region tournament could be as entertaining as sweet 16 this year.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
How strong is the 11th this year :scared: Lex. Cath., Scott Co., & Bryan Station are all top 5 IMO.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
He's the best in the state IMO.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
That's exactly what I said....top 5 maybe, but not #1, at least not at this point. They just aren't playing their best right now, which is OK because it's too early to be peaking anyway. :thumb:- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
Agreed...definitely not playing up to their potential right now.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
Not saying they shouldn't be top 5, just not sure they are #1 right now the way they are playing. That's their second double digit loss to an 11th region team. At this point in the season, they should be ranked beind Scott Co. and Lex. Cath.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
Uncharacteristic of a Bluegrass crew to call that many fouls in a game involving two really good teams.- Scott Co. 76 Mason Co. 64
A bit overrated perhaps?- KHSAA Rules for Practice Time?
Anybody besides me find it funny that someone named gymrat22 is complaining about excessive practice time? :lol:- What team is a Darkhorse to win your Region?
I think you also have to put Bath Co. into the conversation here, they're playing really well right now. However, anyone other than Elliott will not only be a darkhorse, but a huge longshot as well.- Lessons from Chris and Darius
....and BTW, great post Plato! :thumb: I doubt anyone would argue that Mason Co. has done a phenomenal job of hosting the regional tournament, but when you do something for 30+ years, you tend to get pretty good at it. It is unfair to expect Montgomery to pull it off flawlessly in their first attempt, but I can assure you that every ounce of effort available will go into doing it right.....give them a chance.- Lessons from Chris and Darius
You are basically making my point for me. 3,500 at the GRC/Mason final last year, including passes. The state fire marshall measured Montgomery's capacity at 4,408.....I don't see a problem. Like I said earlier, the big misconception is that so many people think the Fieldhouse holds way more than it actually does. I've heard people say that they can squeeze 6,000-6,500 in there and it's just not true. I think most would be surprised to know that last year's final crowd was only around 3,500 including passes.- Lessons from Chris and Darius
Yeah, let's just ship GRC out of the 10th region all together....that would've been nice last year huh? :lol: - Lessons from Chris and Darius