Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

el gato

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by el gato

  1. I don't know what other districts that seed do, but in the 40th, all schools play each other twice, home and away, for seeding purposes. Do you really think it's fair to compare Montgomery Co.'s schedule to Scott Co.'s? I'm sure that if Montgomery Co. had the same talent that Scott Co. has enjoyed over the past 10-15 years, they too would've been playing the best competition they could find.
  2. I didn't understand the strategy of putting everybody back when GRC was shooting free throws the entire game. I'm sure they were trying to prevent runouts by Christian Co., but with all the missed free throws that GRC had, they missed out on a lot of offensive rebound opportunities. Glad it didn't cost them.
  3. He made it public today. I was told they posted both openings today.
  4. He will become the full-time AD and remain the girls' softball coach. He got his 500th win this season which placed him in the top five among active coaches. I would expect this job to generate a lot of interest. Congratulations Coach Rison on an outstanding career. :thumb:
  5. It is official, Bart Rison is retiring as boys basketball coach at Montgomery Co. He will become the full-time AD and remain the girls' softball coach. I would expect this job to generate a lot of interest.
  6. Given the current state of UK's basketball program, I'd hope that they will be watching. I'd love to see Walls have a big week and get a scholarship offer instead of a "preferred walk-on" offer. I think he has some of the intangibles that the current UK team sorely lacks....namely HEART!
  7. Deming, Augusta, & Bath all made their regional tournaments. Paris is in the same district, so they had to play them twice for seed purposes. Bath and Menifee are both border schools that have been on Montgomery's schedule for years. The schedule wasn't as tough this year as maybe it should have been. A lot of that was because they were in the second year of a two year contract with some of these schools that were added to the schedule last year when Montgomery was rebuilding with a very young and inexperienced team. Regardless, the schedule has nothing to do with him contemplating retirement. Like I said earlier, no one is pressuring him to make changes or retire.
  8. He would only be retiring as basketball coach. He would still be the AD at the high school and continue coaching softball.
  9. Is Fleming County in the EKC? If so, how did Ellison not make this team? :confused:
  10. I know you didn't, but another poster had implied that he was being pressured. The truth is, he is considering retirement. No official decision has been made, and he is not being pressured into retirement or into making any changes. Whatever he decides will be totally his decision. Expect that decision to be made by the first of next week.
  11. This is 100% false. If Coach Rison decides to retire, it will be his own decision without any pressure from anyone else. He has not been asked to make any changes and he has not been asked to retire. Why would anyone want him to make changes or retire? :confused: The man has won over 500 games, which according to the KHSAA, puts him in the top five among active coaches. He won the 10th region tournament in 1995 and has taken 20 teams to the regional tournament in the last 21 years.....in a very competetive 40th district I might add. I'm not saying he won't retire, but if he does so, it will be HIS decision and his alone. :thumb:
  12. 1st Round 1 Adair County 1 Scott County 1 Fairdale 1 Holmes 1 Ballard 1 George Rogers Clark 1 Elliott County 1 Warren Central Semi-final 2 Scott County 2 Holmes 2 Ballard 2 Warren Central Championship 3 Scott County 3 Ballard Sweet 16 Champion 5 Scott County TB=133
  13. :lol: :lol: :lol: .....and there were 31,000 in RUPP to watch Louisville play yesterday
  14. :thumb: ....and we should put crimedoc in charge of security for obvious reasons.
  15. Yes, Jenne DeAngelis.....a junior catcher. :thumb:
  16. Must be the year of the Cardinal! :thumb: Not a bad year for the Bulldogs or the Colonels either.
  17. I have no rooting interest in this one, but I will miss the Cov. Cath. student section in Rupp this year.
  18. Last year's state champ did come from the 9th region, however, the 9th has the lowest participation of fast pitch of all 16 regions. It is the only region in the state that is made up of only two districts. The other 15 regions all have four districts. I would also argue your point about fast pitch coaches encouraging their players to play slow pitch. I know some fast pitch coaches that specifically DISCOURAGE their players from playing slow pitch in church and recreation leauges because it can lead to many bad habits in their swing.
  19. No doubt about it, playing at home is an advantage. Doesn't guarantee you anything, but definitely gives you an advantage. The only people that would say otherwise are Mason County fans trying to justify having the regional tournament in the Fieldhouse every year, and they are smart enough to know deep down that it is an advantage, even if they don't want to admit it.
  20. I would like to know the official attendence numbers from yesterday and today if you get them.....thanks!
  21. I've been told 4480. I'm not sure how they determine when they stop selling tickets or when they shut the doors. If the capacity at Mason Co. is 5300, they obviously didn't stop selling tickets at 5300 two years ago if there were over 6000 allowed in. I think we both agree that the Fieldhouse is at least slightly larger than Montgomery Co.'s new gym, and I believe that is the point you're trying to make. I don't want to get off the topic of the thread, I really just want to know opinions on the afternoon games.
  22. Exactly! :thumb: Just because a team loses a game at home doesn't mean there is no longer a home court advantage. Do you ever hear anybody say after UK loses a game at Rupp that they must not of had a home court advantage? Of course not! When you play at home, you have an advantage, doesn't guarantee you a win, but you do have an advantage. Who knows, maybe GRC wins by double digits today on a neutral floor or at their place. Bottom line, GRC was the better team today and they got the W.
  23. I agree with your comment in bold, PLEASE let's not get this started again now. :lol: I will say this though.....first of all, I'm a little surprised at your estimation of 5200-5400 there today. Do you have a confirmed attendance number from the game today? I'm not saying I don't believe you, because in all honesty, I don't know what the Fieldhouse's true capacity is. I've heard everything from 4500-7000. I was a little bit surprised by the size of the crowd today. It was a nice crowd and the gym looked pretty full, but let's be honest, it was no where near as packed as it was two years ago for the Pendleton/Montgomery final. With the two top teams in the region featuring the two top players in the region, I was expecting it to be absolutely packed. That was the reason I started this poll. I wonder if the afternoon game times hurt attendence? Back to your question......if 5200-5400 had shown up today for a final at Montgomery Co., 2000 would not have been turned away. For that many to be turned away, only 3200-3400 would have been allowed in. The largest crowd in the new gym to date was around 3500 and it was no where near filled to maximum capacity.
  24. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine many people being in favor of that. The problem would be when to play the girls' finals. With the girls' Sweet 16 being played first for the next few years, the girls' finals will have to be on Saturday night.
  25. Luckily for you, your drive gets much shorter next year. :thumb: Congrats on the win today!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.