Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

el gato

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by el gato

  1. I'd be all for this, but I don't think the powers that be would ever vote to hold the 10th region tournamnet in a county outside of the 10th region. It's unfortunate that there isn't a venue like these located in the 10th region. I've heard some talk of NKU building a new arena. Anybody have any info on that? When it might happen and how big will it be?
  2. Three of the most popular sites for the men's SEC tournament over the past several years have been: Super Dome in New Orleans - seating capacity for basketball: 55,675 Georgia Dome in Atlanta - seating capacity for basketball: 53,500 Gaylord Center in Nashville - seating capacity for basketball: 20,000 I wouldn't call those venues comparable, however, many fans would tell you that the best site for the SEC tournament out of those three is the Gaylord Center in Nashville.
  3. Clark and Montgomery are in the 40th. He left out the 37th (Bishop Brossart, Scott, Campbell Co., Silver Grove, and Calvary Christian)
  4. Same here....though I may not cheer quite as emphatically for some. :sssh:
  5. What if there isn't a gym anywhere in the region large enough? You have to have it somewhere. Sometimes split sessions are required for reasons stated above.
  6. Oh so now it's about $$$. First it was because the northern school had soooo far to drive and it wouldn't be "easy" on Brossart, Campbell, and Pendleton. Now it's about $$$. Make up your mind. If you're only concerned about the money, don't be. That can be offset by higher ticket prices. If there are so many people wantng to come that they are concerned that Montgomery's gym isn't big enough, then they shouldn't have a problem paying another $1 for a ticket.
  7. I'd be completely in favor of that! Is it easy on the baseball and softball teams from Clark or Montgomery to travel to Brossart or Campbell to compete in a regional tournament in those sports? No, it's not easy, but it is FAIR. Fair because those tournament do move around and give other schools a chance to host. Why is basketball any different, from a fairness standpoint?
  8. I didn't say they had huge crowds at the Prep Classic, I said the people in charge of it were pleased with the crowds as compared to the Prep Classic crowds in previous years. That has nothing to do with a 10th region tournament. As far as the other sports facilities are concerned, everyone has their opinions. I was simply stating that improvements have been made to other sports fields and well as the school itself....not just the gym.
  9. First of all, the people in charge of the KY Prep Classic were very pleased with the crowds, especially considering that they were up against a home UK game, and they have already committed to bringing it back to Mt. Sterling next year. Just like you stated, I'm sure a lot of casual fans in Maysville and the surrounding areas won't attend the games that aren't considered marquee matchups next year, just like the people in Winchester, Mt. Sterling, etc. don't attend those games in Maysville every year. There will be a lot of casual fans in Winchester, Mt. Sterling, and the surrounding areas that will attend games in Mt. Sterling that wouldn't drive to Maysville. As far as the classrooms and other facilities at Montgomery County, the new gym was the last part of a complete renovation of the entire campus, classrooms, administrator offices, cafeteria, lobbies, etc. They are also about to begin renovation of two elementary schools in the county, so the priorities are not out of whack! Spending more money to make the gym larger in hopes of maybe getting a regional tournament once every four years and having that be the only time that it was full would have been a case of having priorities out of whack! Not sure where the comments about the football field are coming from. Part of the renovations included new bleachers and a press box, as well as a new practice field, new entrances, lighting, and additions to the football fieldhouse. They are also making improvements to the baseball and softball fields that are to be completed prior to the star of those seasons. I'll put the overall sports facilities at Montgomery County up against anybody in the region. It has nothing to do with petty jealousy, it's a matter of FAIRNESS for the kids playing for a chance to go to Rupp.
  10. I just hope this one gets played. Any weather updates from the Falmouth area?
  11. Coach of the Year: Mike Code First Team Darius Miller Preston Knowles Corey Pelle Troy Cooper Kane Belcher POY between Miller and Knowles, depending on how the rest of the season plays out. A healthy senior season by Tristan Jones lands him on this list, but I think his injury has caused him to miss too many games and play at less than 100% in many others.
  12. School officials from what school? Mason Co.? What would you expect them to say? Call the school officials at Montgomery Co. and I'll guarantee you they'll tell you the capacity is over 4400, just like I've been saying. I have posted no false information on this thread whatsoever! You proved your credibility when you said that Clark Co.'s gym is bigger than Montgomery Co.'s. :lol:
  13. :argue: starmayor, I'm going to type this slow so you can comprehend it. You have stated, incorrectly I might add, numerous times on this post about how Montgomery Co.'s gym only holds 3400, or 3600, or is smaller than Clark Co.'s gym, and now that it seats 3000 less than the Fieldhouse, despite the fact that several people have told you that your numbers are wrong. Get your facts right! The State Fire Marshall measured Montgomery's gym at 4408. According to a previous poster, the Mason Co. maintenence guy said they measured the Fieldhouse the same day at 5200. According to my math, and feel free to check me, that's a difference of 792 people, not 3000. It's obvious that you are totally opposed to Montgomery Co. hosting the region next year, and that is fine. But please quit posting false information on here! :argue:
  14. If I were, I'd never admit it with all the negative things being said about it. :lol:
  15. No way Clark County's gym is bigger than Montgomery's! Not even close since they took out the upper level bleachers on one side at Clark Co. This post makes no sense at all. Because a gym has been around longer, it should get to host a regional tournament over a newer one? :confused:
  16. WOW! What a turnaround.....Franklin won by 53 back in early January. Congratulations Coach Welch! :thumb:
  17. Now you're getting greedy. :irked:
  18. I'll do you one better, I'll have a couple of non-chairbacks installed right at midcourt down low just for you.:thumb:
  19. I think this will be a great game, and possibly a preview of the regional finals. I'm certainly looking forward to this one! I'm gonna say GRC by 3.
  20. That sounds good. Teepee huh? I like that! We had the Barn and we've been trying to come up with a cool name for the new gym. I'm gonna suggest that. That would be a great name for our nice little cozy gym.:banana:
  21. In some cases, a blind draw can match up, not just the top two teams in a district, but the top two in a region! Just ask Hazard or Perry Central in the 14th. I favor seeding, but more importantly, I would favor a uniform system. Either everybody seed, or every body draw across the state, and in all sports.
  22. A OK with me!!!:thumb: Brother, you sit wherever you want. Based on the crowd size at those two games, I'd simply say that there were probably chair back seats available and some Montgomery Co. fans chose to sit in a more comfortable seat, I don't know.
  23. What game did you attend? If it was during the KY Prep Classic, there were no reserved seats honored, all seats were general admission. Montgomery Co. played the last game and felt it would be unfair to make fans move out of those seats who may have been there for an earlier game. Therefore, you may have had some Montgomery fans who normally have reserved seats, sitting in the chair backs on the visitor's side. Question: If you don't like sitting in the chair back seats anyway, why would you care who was sitting there? :confused: Like I stated earlier, one row of bleachers has been removed to create more room for the benches and the scorers table.....this is no longer an issue.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.