Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

38th District Draw

Featured Replies

The 38th District Tournament was drawn today (Tuesday, Feb. 6) at Harrison County. Harrison County will host both the boys and girls district tournaments again this year (and for the next two years as well).

 

Boys Pairings:

 

Monday, Feb. 26

6:30 -- Pendleton County vs. Harrison County (boys)

8:00 -- Harrison County vs. Deming (girls)

 

Tuesday, Feb. 27

6:30 -- Deming vs. Nicholas County (boys)

8:00 -- Pendleton County vs. Nicholas County (girls)

 

Thursday, March 1

7:30 -- girls finals

 

Friday, March 2

7:30 -- boys finals

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Deming or Nicholas makes the trip to the Fieldhouse! What if Deming were to win the district. That would make some runner-up an interesting 1st round opponent.

Wow... Deming or Nicholas makes the trip to the Fieldhouse! What if Deming were to win the district. That would make some runner-up an interesting 1st round opponent.

 

If the boys play like they did against Silver Grove it might get interesting but don't overlook Nicholas County, tough group of kids they have. Just focus on one game at a time!

That first boys game, as Arte Johnson used to say on Laugh-In...

 

 

Verrrry interesting!

Tough draw for both Pendleton and Harrison's boys. Two nailbiters during the regular season should make for an intense game and environment in an elimination game in Cynthiana.

The 37th, 39th & 40th districts Winners and Runner-ups may just be "licking their chops" in Drawing the 38th District winner or runner-up in the Regionals!

 

The 38th is not very competitive this year from what I have seen.

I know this is the boys forum, but Pendleton's girls have a chance to make the Regional Tournament for the first time since the 1990's.

I know this is the boys forum, but Pendleton's girls have a chance to make the Regional Tournament for the first time since the 1990's.

 

If they play like they did last night they don't.

If they play like they did last night they don't.

True. I stated this because the past X years they have drawn the best team in the district with the exception of one year(when they drew Bracken in the old 38th). With this draw, they will have more of an opportunity to accmplish their every year goal. Still, they have to come out, play hard, execute and put the ball in the basket. Good luck to all of these teams!

i am so glad they had a blind draw and not seeded..

 

i like random things!:ylsuper:

And, the Harrison County Boys Coaching Staff and fans are probably hating this format again. For the second consecutive year, it's Harrison vs Pendleton in the opening round of the Boys 38th District. It should be a good game, but I bet both of them would rather have played Nicholas or Deming.

And, the Harrison County Boys Coaching Staff and fans are probably hating this format again. For the second consecutive year, it's Harrison vs Pendleton in the opening round of the Boys 38th District. It should be a good game, but I bet both of them would rather have played Nicholas or Deming.

For the record, my understanding is that Pendleton/Harrison voted for seeding. Deming/Nicholas voted against.

This is the reason why Deming/Nicholas didnt vote to seed...

I dont blame them

This is the reason why Deming/Nicholas didnt vote to seed...

I dont blame them

 

I can understand their reasoning. I think that either way, the KHSAA should dictate either seeding or a blind draw for all districts. I don't think it should be left up to the individual districts to decide. Either way is fine, but all districts should be handled the same.

I can understand their reasoning. I think that either way, the KHSAA should dictate either seeding or a blind draw for all districts. I don't think it should be left up to the individual districts to decide. Either way is fine, but all districts should be handled the same.

 

I agree. I think it provides for too much controversy, especially within the region, if some districts seed and some don't. I know people might reply saying that if you force seeding for the district, then you should for the region and state. I disagree. It doesn't matter to me if every district had a blind draw. Just make it consistent across all sixty-four districts!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.