Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

38th District Draw

Featured Replies

For a fact I know that seeding was brought up for discussion at the 38th meeting. Nobody wanted to discuss it. That is including Harrison and Pendleton as well as Deming and Nicholas. Pendleton and Harrison said they were content with the system in place now.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get the discussion, back on the 38th District....:thumb:

 

Someone can open a thread on the merits of Seeding or not.

Get it right son if your gonna accuse Mason only host every other year.:laugh:

 

My bad. I was refering to how everyone was complaining about you all hosting the region every year. As far as I'm concerned I wish it would always stay at the Fieldhouse. I know you and Bracken rotate the district year to year. Can you forgive me?

Getting back to the discussion intended for the thread. I think Harrison, Pendleton, and Deming all have a legit chance at winning the District.

My bad. I was refering to how everyone was complaining about you all hosting the region every year. As far as I'm concerned I wish it would always stay at the Fieldhouse. I know you and Bracken rotate the district year to year. Can you forgive me?

Forgiven.:p

Getting back to the discussion intended for the thread. I think Harrison, Pendleton, and Deming all have a legit chance at winning the District.

 

The Championship will be the first game, like it was last year.

Maybe/Maybe Not!

When they seed it gives the more powerful teams a gaurenteed spot in the region but when they have a blind draw it gives the smaller schools(Nicholas and Deming) a little hope.

 

Not only hope to play in the fieldhouse, but everyone seems to forget about the financial benefit of playing in the regional tournament. Everyone should have a fair shot at the payout as well. The money means alot to small schools with little athletic budgets.

Not only hope to play in the fieldhouse, but everyone seems to forget about the financial benefit of playing in the regional tournament. Everyone should have a fair shot at the payout as well. The money means alot to small schools with little athletic budgets.

 

So its fair to get the luck of the draw instead of earning your seed throughout the year in district games?

So its fair to get the luck of the draw instead of earning your seed throughout the year in district games?

 

:thumb: That's the only fair way unless they start dividing the money equally among everyone. That big pile of dough just shouldn't always go to the bigger schools. But it sure means alot those little schools even if its just every once in a while.

:thumb: That's the only fair way unless they start dividing the money equally among everyone. That big pile of dough just shouldn't always go to the bigger schools. But it sure means alot those little schools even if its just every once in a while.

 

My understanding was that every team got a cut of the money, not just the regional tournament participants. That is what was stated in the Montgomery County Gym thread. If this is the case, I think that districts games should mean something more than just another win or another loss. Honestly, I think that only the winners should move on just like in the regionals and sectionals (baseball). That way draw/seed would not be an issue, but I understand that money talks.

Why are you complaining? Your the Mason County of the 38th having homecourt advantage every year.

 

I wasn't complaining, I just think if the KHSAA is over the entire state, that all districts should either all seed or all blind draw. Have you been to a game at Harrison County lately? There is no homecourt advantage for them!

My understanding was that every team got a cut of the money, not just the regional tournament participants. That is what was stated in the Montgomery County Gym thread. If this is the case, I think that districts games should mean something more than just another win or another loss. Honestly, I think that only the winners should move on just like in the regionals and sectionals (baseball). That way draw/seed would not be an issue, but I understand that money talks.

 

It is a considerably smaller cut that is given to all the schools. And it is only done after a certain dollar amount is reached after the bills are paid.

I wasn't complaining, I just think if the KHSAA is over the entire state, that all districts should either all seed or all blind draw. Have you been to a game at Harrison County lately? There is no homecourt advantage for them!

You are starting to talk like the Mason Co. fans now too.No homecourt advantage,that is nonsense,just like it is for MC.:sssh:

For the record, my understanding is that Pendleton/Harrison voted for seeding. Deming/Nicholas voted against.

Let's look back at the season so far this year Deming facing the 38th district opponents and how the other teams faired against each other.

Deming lost to Nicholas County on Dec 15th in Double overtime-72-73

Deming lost to Harrison County Dec 18th in Cynthiana 72-62

Deming cameback against Nicholas County in the tournament at Bracken County and beat them 75-50 on Dec 28th.

And beat Nicholas again on Jan 16th 78-60.

Harrison County beat Pendleton County on Jan 3 45-44 in MCIT

Pendlton County beat Harrison County on Jan 5 in Falmouth 51-49.

Nicholas County lost to Harrison County on Dec 5th 84-75, and then lost to Pendleton County on Dec 12th 65-48.

I do think we do have a shot going to the region, winning the district would be like the State Tournament for us. It's possible.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.