Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

38th District Draw

Featured Replies

....I think it provides for too much controversy, especially within the region, if some districts seed and some don't....It doesn't matter to me if every district had a blind draw. Just make it consistent across all sixty-four districts!
I agree, should be uniform in all sports.
  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter to me if every district had a blind draw. Just make it consistent across all sixty-four districts!

 

:thumb:

When they seed it gives the more powerful teams a gaurenteed spot in the region but when they have a blind draw it gives the smaller schools(Nicholas and Deming) a little hope.

When they seed it gives the more powerful teams a guaranteed spot in the region but when they have a blind draw it gives the smaller schools(Nicholas and Deming) a little hope.
Not taking away anything from ANY school but since winners are matched against District losers, wouldn't each District want to send their "best" two teams, to ensure the Region is competitive.

 

For example in a blind draw, a team is 3-21 and upsets a 14-9 team...which had beat them twice, during the regular season. I realize in tournament play, anything is possible but more than likely, they will not win the District title and face a winner, who most certainly will have a distinct advantage.

Not taking away anything from ANY school but since winners are matched against District losers, wouldn't each District want to send their "best" two teams, to ensure the Region is competitive.

 

For example in a blind draw, a team is 3-21 and upsets a 14-9 team...which had beat them twice, during the regular season. I realize in tournament play, anything is possible but more than likely, they will not win the District title and face a winner, who most certainly will have a distinct advantage.

 

Last time I checked teams go to the region individually not grouped together. It's each team for themself. The best, middle of the pack, and the worst. Sp who cares who goes as long as your team is one of them.

I can understand their reasoning. I think that either way, the KHSAA should dictate either seeding or a blind draw for all districts. I don't think it should be left up to the individual districts to decide. Either way is fine, but all districts should be handled the same.

 

Why are you complaining? Your the Mason County of the 38th having homecourt advantage every year.

Very interesting district!

Last time I checked teams go to the region individually not grouped together. It's each team for themself. The best, middle of the pack, and the worst. Sp who cares who goes as long as your team is one of them.
I'm fully aware of the process, been around it a long time and if the best teams from the District aren't sent, then a District winner is matched with a District loser and playing will change, rest can be managed, the field is diluted if this occurs in each District.

 

Seeding typically, not always but typically remedies the teams not possible of advancing and competing.

 

When you are the team, that wins by 6 and advance to play a team, that just won by 30.....I'll just about guarantee, rest was afforded to one and not the other.

Strike I understand what you are saying. But if I'm a team who gets the 1 seed year in and year out why would I be afraid to draw? If I can take out my strongest opponent in the first round of the district then I would not have to worry about possibly playing them in the finals of the region if we both get there. How often have you seen a District champ lose to the runner up in the Region finals? It has happened a few times throughout the state. So if I can get rid of them early that is one less headache I have to worry with.

Strike I understand what you are saying. But if I'm a team who gets the 1 seed year in and year out why would I be afraid to draw? If I can take out my strongest opponent in the first round of the district then I would not have to worry about possibly playing them in the finals of the region if we both get there. How often have you seen a District champ lose to the runner up in the Region finals? It has happened a few times throughout the state. So if I can get rid of them early that is one less headache I have to worry with.
#1 and #2 could draw, in the 4-5 slot and one of the Districts two best teams is gone.

 

That means a #3-#5 would then be advancing to play in the Region, probably matched up with other Districts winners...thus being a distinct advantage, regarding competitiveness, players resting, etc....As I eluded to.

Well agree to disagree on this one. I still think get rid of your enemies as fast as you can.

  • Author

I think the "All A Tourney" was set-up for the smaller schools to have their time in the spotlight! This is not a KHSAA sponsored event, but it should be. Then they could force all districts across the state to seed.

I think the "All A Tourney" was set-up for the smaller schools to have their time in the spotlight! This is not a KHSAA sponsored event, but it should be. Then they could force all districts across the state to seed.

 

Let just make the small schools stay in their own little cornor, then we can put the private schools in another cornor, and then the other schools in one. Then they can seed or draw whatever they want. Would this make everyone happy?

Why are you complaining? Your the Mason County of the 38th having homecourt advantage every year.

Get it right son if your gonna accuse Mason only host every other year.:laugh:

#1 and #2 could draw, in the 4-5 slot and one of the Districts two best teams is gone.

 

That means a #3-#5 would then be advancing to play in the Region, probably matched up with other Districts winners...thus being a distinct advantage, regarding competitiveness, players resting, etc....As I eluded to.

In some cases, a blind draw can match up, not just the top two teams in a district, but the top two in a region! Just ask Hazard or Perry Central in the 14th. I favor seeding, but more importantly, I would favor a uniform system. Either everybody seed, or every body draw across the state, and in all sports.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.