Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LETS TALK ABOUT SOFTBALL!

Featured Replies

What is everyones opinion on who will come out of their district? with the first team being the district winner.

37th - Brossart & Campbell

38th - Harrison & Nicholas

39th - Bracken & Mason

40th - Clark & Montgomery

Any thoughts?

I agree with your eight teams. However, I'd pick Campbell to win the 37th. I don't think they lost as much from last year as Brossart. I believe Brossart started 7 seniors last year in the regional tournament. They do always seem to reload though. The 40th is a tossup between Clark and Montgomery. These teams were very evenly matched last year with Montgomery winning the district and Clark winning the rematch in the regional finals 1-0 in 8 innings. I'd tend to give a slight edge to Montgomery based on the fact that they only lost one starter from last year while Clark lost four.

As always, Pendleton is getting late start, try outs start tomorrow, ahhh...we have good talent if we could just get it to work together and not against each other. The juniors this year have been playing together (pretty much) since 5th grade, they need to rely on each other to step up. If all goes well, we could definitely be standing at the end, slight advantage districts are being played at our house...but also have new grass infield, another hurdle to get over...Go Ladycats, you are always #1 in my heart...

As always, Pendleton is getting late start, try outs start tomorrow, ahhh....

 

Does the coach also coach basketball?

Yes, our assistant basketball coach is the head softball coach, the head basketball coach is the assistant softball coach.

Last year, as a parent, I tried holding conditioning for girls that were not involved in any other sport. Was hard to get the girls together in central location, no room at the schools for this. Had to use church building in county.

Was going to do this again this year, but could not find facility and outside was just too darned cold!!!

What is everyones opinion on who will come out of their district? with the first team being the district winner.

37th - Brossart & Campbell

38th - Harrison & Nicholas

39th - Bracken & Mason

40th - Clark & Montgomery

Any thoughts?

 

 

I think you are on the right path with your thoughts. I think there will be some surprises along the way-- someone always comes out of seemingly nowhere to shine!!! When it comes to Clark & Montgomery, it depends on who's got it going on that night!

GO CARDS!!!!:jump: :jump:

I might give the edge to Montgomery Co. in the 40th district due to their depth at the pitching position. Lindsey Rison, Paige Compton (only a freshman w/ a lot of varsity experience), and KK Oaks are all very capable and due well picking each other up when one of them is having an off night.

Ryle and Boone Co. should do very well this season out of No.Ky. :thumb:

Ryle and Boone Co. should do very well this season out of No.Ky. :thumb:

 

...and the sun will rise in the East.

I might give the edge to Montgomery Co. in the 40th district due to their depth at the pitching position. Lindsey Rison, Paige Compton (only a freshman w/ a lot of varsity experience), and KK Oaks are all very capable and due well picking each other up when one of them is having an off night.

I agree with you 100%, but I have to say emily wallace of clark county never breaks while she is on the mound, so it should be some interesting games. always cheering for the tribe though:ylsuper:

cshs81 ,

What teams do you think will do well this year . It seems like all the talk was other regions so I put it out there .Simon Kenton has the chance to do good this year also .

I might give the edge to Montgomery Co. in the 40th district due to their depth at the pitching position. Lindsey Rison, Paige Compton (only a freshman w/ a lot of varsity experience), and KK Oaks are all very capable and due well picking each other up when one of them is having an off night.

DOESN`T MONTGOMERY STILL HAVE THE DEANGELAS GIRL? SHE IS THE REAL DEAL AND I THINK MIGHT ONLY BE A JUNIOR.

DOESN`T MONTGOMERY STILL HAVE THE DEANGELAS GIRL? SHE IS THE REAL DEAL AND I THINK MIGHT ONLY BE A JUNIOR.

Yes, Jenne DeAngelis.....a junior catcher. :thumb:

I am telling you now that a team everyone better watch out for the next few years is North Laurel. I know, .. no surprise as they are the all time winningest program in KY history. However, ... they are young (only 1 senior) and having seen the new style that 1st year Coach Shane Weaver is bringing to the Jags, accompanied with a brutal schedule (in and out of state against some of the best teams he can find), they may not win 30 games this season, but by the post season, they will be a contender. Mark it down. And with the young talent he has coming up the next several years, ... I think that Jimmy Durham (former coach and current NLHS principal) will look like a genius bringing in someone to continue their winning ways.

 

They are not the fastest team I have seen, ... but man do they have pitching (Sears, Taylor, Cobb, etc), and TONS of power. At least 4-5 girls have already gone yard in practice and their offseason program will have them in excellent shape for being in the hunt for another state title.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.