Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Future 10th Region Tournament Schedules

Which tournament schedule would you prefer? 34 members have voted

  1. 1. Which tournament schedule would you prefer?

    • Semi-finals on Saturday afternoon and finals on Sunday afternoon.
      38%
      13
    • Semi-finals on Saturday afternoon and finals on Monday evening.
      11%
      4
    • Semi-finals on Monday evening and finals on Tuesday evening.
      50%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

With the girls Sweet 16 scheduled to be played first for the next few years, what is your preference as to when the boys regional semi-finals and finals should be played? I've read some complaints about the games being played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons this year, and I've also read some posts from people that liked the afternoon games. What are your thoughts?

Here is my vote:

Semi-finals on Saturday afternoon and finals on Sunday afternoon.

Much easier for us that have to travel so far.

Why not do it like the State Tournament? Have the semi's Saturday morning at 10 and 12. Finals on Saturday night at 8.

  • Author
Here is my vote:

Semi-finals on Saturday afternoon and finals on Sunday afternoon.

Much easier for us that have to travel so far.

Luckily for you, your drive gets much shorter next year. :thumb:

Congrats on the win today!

  • Author
Why not do it like the State Tournament? Have the semi's Saturday morning at 10 and 12. Finals on Saturday night at 8.

I could be wrong, but I can't imagine many people being in favor of that. The problem would be when to play the girls' finals. With the girls' Sweet 16 being played first for the next few years, the girls' finals will have to be on Saturday night.

Luckily for you, your drive gets much shorter next year. :thumb:

Congrats on the win today!

Wouldnt be so sure of that yet,The KHSAA has the right to overide any vote.I got 1 question for you there was 5200-5400 people there today what would happen if that was next year at Montgomery and that many show up.2000 get turned away or what,And im not trying to get one of those 300post threads going on where it should be held i dont have a real problem with giving Montgomery the chance but im am curious to your answer here.

This is not the only region in the state with a facility that is a lot bigger than the closest one to it. It is the only region that hosts the tournament at a competing schools home floor. I will go on record and say the the KHSAA WILL NOT OVERRIDE THIS DECISION!!!

  • Author
Wouldnt be so sure of that yet,The KHSAA has the right to overide any vote.I got 1 question for you there was 5200-5400 people there today what would happen if that was next year at Montgomery and that many show up.2000 get turned away or what,And im not trying to get one of those 300post threads going on where it should be held i dont have a real problem with giving Montgomery the chance but im am curious to your answer here.

I agree with your comment in bold, PLEASE let's not get this started again now. :lol: I will say this though.....first of all, I'm a little surprised at your estimation of 5200-5400 there today. Do you have a confirmed attendance number from the game today? I'm not saying I don't believe you, because in all honesty, I don't know what the Fieldhouse's true capacity is. I've heard everything from 4500-7000. I was a little bit surprised by the size of the crowd today. It was a nice crowd and the gym looked pretty full, but let's be honest, it was no where near as packed as it was two years ago for the Pendleton/Montgomery final. With the two top teams in the region featuring the two top players in the region, I was expecting it to be absolutely packed. That was the reason I started this poll. I wonder if the afternoon game times hurt attendence? Back to your question......if 5200-5400 had shown up today for a final at Montgomery Co., 2000 would not have been turned away. For that many to be turned away, only 3200-3400 would have been allowed in. The largest crowd in the new gym to date was around 3500 and it was no where near filled to maximum capacity.

I agree with your comment in bold, PLEASE let's not get this started again now. :lol: I will say this though.....first of all, I'm a little surprised at your estimation of 5200-5400 there today. Do you have a confirmed attendance number from the game today? I'm not saying I don't believe you, because in all honesty, I don't know what the Fieldhouse's true capacity is. I've heard everything from 4500-7000. I was a little bit surprised by the size of the crowd today. It was a nice crowd and the gym looked pretty full, but let's be honest, it was no where near as packed as it was two years ago for the Pendleton/Montgomery final. With the two top teams in the region featuring the two top players in the region, I was expecting it to be absolutely packed. That was the reason I started this poll. I wonder if the afternoon game times hurt attendence? Back to your question......if 5200-5400 had shown up today for a final at Montgomery Co., 2000 would not have been turned away. For that many to be turned away, only 3200-3400 would have been allowed in. The largest crowd in the new gym to date was around 3500 and it was no where near filled to maximum capacity.

The actual capacity is 5300 it was close to full today your right there was probally 6000 there a couple years ago.I will get you actuall numbers in the coming days.

I agree with your comment in bold, PLEASE let's not get this started again now. :lol: I will say this though.....first of all, I'm a little surprised at your estimation of 5200-5400 there today. Do you have a confirmed attendance number from the game today? I'm not saying I don't believe you, because in all honesty, I don't know what the Fieldhouse's true capacity is. I've heard everything from 4500-7000. I was a little bit surprised by the size of the crowd today. It was a nice crowd and the gym looked pretty full, but let's be honest, it was no where near as packed as it was two years ago for the Pendleton/Montgomery final. With the two top teams in the region featuring the two top players in the region, I was expecting it to be absolutely packed. That was the reason I started this poll. I wonder if the afternoon game times hurt attendence? Back to your question......if 5200-5400 had shown up today for a final at Montgomery Co., 2000 would not have been turned away. For that many to be turned away, only 3200-3400 would have been allowed in. The largest crowd in the new gym to date was around 3500 and it was no where near filled to maximum capacity.
Isnt capacity for the new gym like 3630,That would be all the tickets allowed to be sold right.
  • Author
Isnt capacity for the new gym like 3630,That would be all the tickets allowed to be sold right.

I've been told 4480. I'm not sure how they determine when they stop selling tickets or when they shut the doors. If the capacity at Mason Co. is 5300, they obviously didn't stop selling tickets at 5300 two years ago if there were over 6000 allowed in. I think we both agree that the Fieldhouse is at least slightly larger than Montgomery Co.'s new gym, and I believe that is the point you're trying to make. I don't want to get off the topic of the thread, I really just want to know opinions on the afternoon games.

  • Author
The actual capacity is 5300 it was close to full today your right there was probally 6000 there a couple years ago.I will get you actuall numbers in the coming days.

I would like to know the official attendence numbers from yesterday and today if you get them.....thanks!

I thought this years schedule worked well. Really liked the Sun. afternoon final.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.