Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Technical Story

Featured Replies

What are some of the best technical stories you have seen, heard, or even been a part of?

 

What are some of the things that the coaches have said to warrant a technical?

 

 

 

Thoughts?

 

I will add one I recently said a little later on.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I politely asked an official if I could ask a question. When she said yes,

I asked her for directions to the nearest hospital so that I could get my players checked afterwards for the beatings they were taking and she was allowing to happen.

 

Never raised my voice.

 

I actually should have been thrown out of the game. Cause when she did call the technical, than in one of my loudest voices (and that can be loud) I told her that was the first right call she had gotten right all morning.

 

I deserved to be ejected at that point.

One ref in our area in on a commericial for corrective eye surgery. One coach yelled at him "Looks like the surgery didn't work"

I asked a referee for directions to the nearest hospital so that I could get my players checked afterwards for the beatings they were taking and she was allowing to happen.

 

Nice! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

  • Author
Nice! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

 

I told an official not to long ago that it was a good thing that his referee test was open book because if not he would be bagging groceries.

I asked a referee for directions to the nearest hospital so that I could get my players checked afterwards for the beatings they were taking and she was allowing to happen.

 

That's awesome. :lol:

 

:thumb:

Our 10th region team got a technical by a 9th region official for having too many coaches standing. I was talking to a player, an assistant stood up to step around me to coach an out of bounds play and the head coach was walking down the bench to get a cup of water.

 

NO COMMENTS were being made to the official in any regards. When we asked why, the ref said, "Too many coaches standing." This was in 1992.

Once in a game I got mad at a call, being young and dumb I threw the ball way, way up toward the ceiling. The ref standing right beside me, looked at me and said "If that ball comes down I'm going to call a T on you", by the time the ball landed we were both laughing, I can only guess what the crowd was thinking.

One of the best stories I ever heard involved Jock Sutherland. When he was coaching at Gallatin County (I believe), he ran out onto the court. The referee told him that he was going to get a technical foul for every step back to the bench. So his players carried him back to the bench. I don't recall the final outcome.

There is a legendary story that is probably a myth, but the way I heard it was that a coach in the mountains stormed out on the floor to protest a call and ripped into the official. The official let him say a few things and get it out of his system. When the coach was done, the official told him that he was calling a technical for each step it took for him to get back to the bench.

 

Without moving his feet, the coach summoned two players to pick him up and carry him back to the bench.

 

No technical cause he didn't take nary a step.

 

Heard it but not sure it actually happened.

I once witnessed a coach get a T for saying Thank You. to the offical shortly after they recieved there first T.

I once witnessed a coach get a T for saying Thank You. to the offical shortly after they recieved there first T.

 

That's funny and I think I would T them up too for being a smart alek.

  • Author
I once witnessed a coach get a T for saying Thank You. to the offical shortly after they recieved there first T.

 

 

A technical was called on me once and he came over and said Technical Foul on the coach.. I replied with, thats the best call you made all night. I watched the rest of that game from the crack in the door of the locker room.

I heard a story where a coach called a timeout and told one of his players to guard the ref, after the timeout the player went and got down in defensive position in front of the ref. After the ref told the player to stop and he didn't he went to the coach and ask the coach what was going on and the coach told the ref: " I told him to guard you, you are the one killing us." That ended with a T.

The most unusual technical I ever got was at a Harrison County game. Controversial call in a close game. I asked and then complained about it. The official teed me up.

 

After the game, I was stopped by the person who evaluated officials. Told me that was one of the worse technical fouls that he had ever seen called. Apologized for it and said the referee would receive a warning letter in their file. Considering what was being allowed on the other bench to tee me up for what I did was uncalled for.

 

In fact a good friend of mine was in the stands and people he was sitting beside came to the agreement that I must have cussed at them as I had done nothing to deserve it. My friend guaranteed them (and he was correct) that there was no way I had cussed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.