Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Technical Story

Featured Replies

Not sure about the year, but I think it was Dan Sullivan's last year at Campbell County. Camels were at Pendleton County and not getting any calls. I think Sullivan gets a T in the first half. All coaches are to ride the bench. Then in the second half Gross gets a techincal, and to top it all off offical makes a terrible call in the last minutes of the game and Ballinger tosses his clip board in the air. There goes T number 3 and Sullivan is ejected due to assistants. I think all the coaches were sent out except the JV coach that was not on the bench. The JV coach finishes the game and has to coach the next game with the Freshman coach.

 

The same year a total of 15 coach ejections for the season? :rolleyes:

  • Replies 83
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a coach who did not get one but should have. It confused the ref. Coach asked ref if he saw the movie "Forget Paris", a Billy Crystal movie where he plays the part of a ref. The ref said no, did not see it. The coach said you remind me of Billy Crystal and the acting job he did in that movie.:thumb:

Former West Virginia coach John Beilein says he got a technical during halftime when he was coaching Richmond in the late 1990s at William & Mary. The referees overheard him complain about them as he was talking to his assistants outside his locker room.

 

"Not only did I get a 'T,' " Beilein says, "but the guy blew his whistle — in the hallway."

 

Man that is :jump: I can just see the guy blowing the whistle in the hall, wonder if he used the T signal as well?

I once saw a JV game where the officials allowed a game-winning shot after the buzzer, and the opposing coach went ballistic, cursing out the officials. But instead of the officials just leaving the floor, one of them stood there listening to the tirade from the JV coach, giving repeated technicals (I think the final tally was about 8). Never understood what point the official was trying to prove there and why he didn't just leave the court.

I saw an official EJECT a player after the game was over! The official was on his way off the court and the player made contact with the official. In the officials opinion the contact was on purpose. I know the official reported the ejection to the KHSAA as required and I THINK the KHSAA upheld the ejection and the player was suspended for one game.

 

This player is now a pretty famous athlete in KY......Does anybody know this story?

I saw an official EJECT a player after the game was over! The official was on his way off the court and the player made contact with the official. In the officials opinion the contact was on purpose. I know the official reported the ejection to the KHSAA as required and I THINK the KHSAA upheld the ejection and the player was suspended for one game.

 

This player is now a pretty famous athlete in KY......Does anybody know this story?

 

Current or famous a few years ago?

Some might say both.....I think his popularity is currently huge in KY but could become more popular in bigger cities very soon....for example ATLANTA maybe?

Some might say both.....I think his popularity is currently huge in KY but could become more popular in bigger cities very soon....for example ATLANTA maybe?

 

Is it either Brian Brohm or Andre' Woodson?

It is Brian Brohm. Trinity was playing in a Christmas tournament at the time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.