Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Technical Story

Featured Replies

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

I heard the same, but McKnight see above.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Knight maybe?

 

I was told the story in high school at a basketball camp, not to go to far in detail, but that was around 1988. My memory may be wrong, but I really thought it was McKnight.

On my 8th grade basketball team our coach was "displeased" with the way we were playing so he took off his dress shirt, belt, and shoes and made some players stand up and laid across the benches when the ref warned him he rolled to the floor and the ref gave him a T

I was watching Powell and Fleming Last year at Powell and all in one sudden the coach said something and got a T, then assistant stepped in and tried to pull the Head Coach back and he got one also. Then point gaurd also got a T for saying something to ref. Then Head coach got threw out of game. After that happened POint gaurd was furious and about got into a verbal fight with the sherrif or local cop that was on the floor. I thought it was pretty crazy.

Everyone - This is one of those topics that can get folks in trouble if they're not careful. Please keep our rules (especially #8) in mind when posting in this thread.

Everyone - This is one of those topics that can get folks in trouble if they're not careful. Please keep our rules (especially #8) in mind when posting in this thread.

 

For the ones lazy like me :Dand don't want to link to the Rules section above, here it is....

 

 

The goal was to encourage them to look over the whole rules page in search of the one. :cool:

 

Go find it yourself, you lazy bums.:D:lol:

Pretty sure I've witnessed at least two of those technicals by BC coaches.

For the ones lazy like me :Dand don't want to link to the Rules section above, here it is....
The goal was to encourage them to look over the whole rules page in search of the one. :cool:

Coach Ken Shields told the tale of long ago that he was irritated with a ref down at NC one night. He had been already warned that "one more word" and he'd be T'ed. Well, something happened on the court that got his Irish and he jumped up and yelled...realizing that the T was imminent, he ran up the aisle into the stands and sat down. The ref, irritated, couldn't find him to T him up! I used this same ruse once out at the small CCHS gym in an AAU game...only I had to duck into the ladies locker room!! Thanks Coach!!

Not sure about the year, but I think it was Dan Sullivan's last year at Campbell County. Camels were at Pendleton County and not getting any calls. I think Sullivan gets a T in the first half. All coaches are to ride the bench. Then in the second half Gross gets a techincal, and to top it all off offical makes a terrible call in the last minutes of the game and Ballinger tosses his clip board in the air. There goes T number 3 and Sullivan is ejected due to assistants. I think all the coaches were sent out except the JV coach that was not on the bench. The JV coach finishes the game and has to coach the next game with the Freshman coach.

Not sure about the year, but I think it was Dan Sullivan's last year at Campbell County. Camels were at Pendleton County and not getting any calls. I think Sullivan gets a T in the first half. All coaches are to ride the bench. Then in the second half Gross gets a techincal, and to top it all off offical makes a terrible call in the last minutes of the game and Ballinger tosses his clip board in the air. There goes T number 3 and Sullivan is ejected due to assistants. I think all the coaches were sent out except the JV coach that was not on the bench. The JV coach finishes the game and has to coach the next game with the Freshman coach.

 

I was there that night. That clipboard got GOOD height.:D

How many people have gotten a team a technical as a fan, I know I have....:argue:

Worst T story....In the middle of a game I had decided to get a T, there was one good ref and one horrible one. The horrible ref called an over the back on my kid and I marched onto the court but unfortunately the bad ref had already rotated and the good ref was right next to me (on the free throw line). I said sir, "I am not going to cuss at you but I want a T right now," and he told me "coach go and sit down," I then said again, "I want a T give me one now"....by that time my asst. came on the court and got me.......good thing I didn't get one, that ref saved me....he knew how bad his partner was, good thing because we only won the game by one point!

I was involved in a game about 10 years ago where the head coach got tee'd up twice and obviously ejected by the ref. They were toe to toe arguing and it was just about to get confrontational until the assistant stepped in to break it up. This game was thursday night. The coach and his wife were both in the refs wedding on that saturday! It was a tense dinner at the reception needless to say!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.