Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. Madison Central Head Coach Finalists per Richmond Register If this is accurate, all I can say is :ohbrother: :ohbrother: :ohbrother:
  2. GRC should roll by 20+....and the freshman for MC is Dominque Hawkins who will be a stud in the coming years.
  3. Dixon was an assistant at MC in 2001, but I would be shocked if he left Hazard. I hear the search has begun already as they want to have a coach by the first of the year...
  4. Just like in football, Madison Central had virtually no returning players and the Jr. and Sr. classes are pretty sad in talent for a 6A school....I would expect a long season
  5. No official announcement has come, but word all over town is that he was let go yesterday. Madison Central was 0-9 this year. Turner was an assistant under Paul Rains and took over the MC program in 2003. He led the Indians to the Regional Championship game in 2003 and 2004. Turner won 6 playoff games in his 7 years at MC.
  6. I would be in favor of rotating the games each year as well......and as far as Richmond as a host site: I live in Richmond and have attended the finals for the past 12 years, there are plenty of hotels, restaurants, etc to accommodate the crowds. Parking for Friday's early game(s) could be a minor issue with a conflict with EKU's classes, but parking along the Eastern Bypass could eliminate a lot of this (where most people park for EKU's home games). Frankly, I've thought the crowds have been way down the past few seasons in Louisville so maybe a change of venue (BG or Richmond) would give the finals a shot in the arm and help out attendence.
  7. Madison Central was 0-10 in Bill Cronin's 1st season in the early 90's....and most people around the program expected a down year due to the players that graduated, experience/talent coming back, and the schedule.
  8. This game wasn't as close as the score indicates.....Bryan Station was awful and turned the ball over several times.
  9. Either the head coach or the recently retired AD didn't get the contracts signed, depending on who you talk too. I believe LCA and Scott County were the two teams who backed out.
  10. EKU would be a great host for the football finals, if interested. The city is prepared to host an event like this since they host the Boys and Girls All-A Classic here every year while EKU is in session. Drive times for 3/4 of the state would be reasonable and the stadium size is perfect for the crowds. There is plenty of parking/restaurants/hotels/etc to acccommodate the crowds as well.
  11. Dennis Johnson - Harrodsburg Travis Atwell - Hancock County
  12. Madison Central loses a lot of multi-year starters on both sides of the ball...I would expect a rebuilding year honestly.
  13. It has been a blast to watch Ridge and his teammates in the football finals and Sweet Sixteen the past two seasons, Holmes as well the past 3 in Rupp....today shows why KY High School basketball is so great...
  14. You have got to be kidding me........Madison Central is going to be down next year but I have a very hard time believing that. I have also heard that MC is playing LCA, but that is for another thread...
  15. If today's games are any indication, Holmes should roll.....they looked like a well oiled machine tonight.
  16. Doesn't Middleton play PG? He had a heck of a Sweet Sixteen last year and has the hardware to back it up...
  17. The bottom half of the bracket (aka Thursday's games) is loaded IMO......Friday nights games should be awesome...
  18. :thumb: Another one is Rick Jones' "shot heard 'round Kentucky" in 1998 against Lexington Catholic.
  19. Did he get injured during the Lafayette game? I know when I got there for the Lex Cath/Madison Central game he was on the bench with about 5 minutes to go in the game........I was unsure if he was hurt or had fouled out.
  20. I think he means Keyshawn Simpson?....and I will add that Vince Clay has to hit the outside shot for MC to be able to advance...
  21. What does the district strength have to do with the going to the state tournament? You still have to go through at least 2 really good teams to make it to the Sweet 16 in regional games. They can't help that geographically the other teams in the district are so weak... And I am not an MC basketball apologist at all, I think they have underachieved in the 11th Region several times....but there is not one team that has dominated the region in some time. In fact the region has been represented by Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Henry Clay, Madison Central, and Lafayette since 2000 alone.
  22. ^MC isn't great this year, that isn't some big surprise....they have no size and if they aren't hitting shots then they are going to struggle to beat anyone they will play in the 11th Region tournament. They could play their JV team and still win the 44th district most years. And as for the team being down in the next few years: Madison Middle wins Middle School State Title :sssh::lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.