Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16 Memories

Featured Replies

What are some of your favorite Sweet 16 memories?

 

Three of mine

 

1) E'town vs. Russellville (State semi-finals) - Antwan Barbour scored 42 points to outduel R'ville's Teco Dickerson, 31 points. The crowd really picked up on E'town and Barbour's exciting play.

 

2) Paducah Tilghman vs. Ballard (Opening round) - To be honest, I can't even remember who won. I think Tilghman did. They had a bald guy named Brent? Kincaid who was on fire from long range. I think he finished with around 30 and the crowd really got behind them because of him. I'm pretty sure DeJuan Wheat was playing the point for Ballard that year. Best I can remember, he played a great game that day as well.

 

3) Paintsville vs. Clay County (Opening Round) - Todd Tacket put on a show in the first half. At one point late in the half, he had outscored Clay County 23-22. I can't remember if he ended up with more points at the half or not.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will be my 10th State Tourny. I started in the 6th grade with my grandmother and grandfather. My grandfather had been going for over 40 years. During the 2003 State Tourny my grandfather passed out at Rupp he went on to St. Joes and stayed there till the end of the tourny. My parents didnt go the tourny due to work and wanted to pay nurces to go to the game and monitor my grandfather because that same year Mason Co was playing Ballard in the State Title. Over 40 years of going he never got to see Mason Co play in the state title. That week was up and down. As my grandfather passed away on March 28, 2003 just a few days before that time Mason Co beat Ballard to win their 1st Ever State Tourny.

 

I wish he could have been there to see this game as he was in the hospital listening on the radio. My grandfather was my best friend and was a great role model for me and my brother.

1981 State Tournament week. Mason Co. fans everywhere, the party Clyde Barbour put on at the Continental Inn, the record setting crowds, it was the best!

Rick Jones and AW Hamilton when Scott County beat I believe it was Mason County. It was in the late 90's and it is one of my favorite state tourny games but I was a little younger and it seems fuzzy of what year it occurred. I will never forget Rick Jones standing on the table when he hit that shot at the buzzer.

1981 State Tournament week. Mason Co. fans everywhere, the party Clyde Barbour put on at the Continental Inn, the record setting crowds, it was the best!

 

I remember that well.

1967 State Finals when CovCath lost on a last second shot.

 

1968 What a thrill it was to sit on the bench as a member of the CovCath team that year, when we played in the Sweet Sixteen at Freedom Hall. I can still remember just looking up into the stands and seeing all those people looking down on us, and how lucky I feft to be part of the team. I still get goose bumps to this day from the memories of that event, and when I attend the Sweet Sixteen today, I look into the faces of the kids on the bench to see how excited they are just to be a part of it.....

81 and 82 watching Todd May and the Virgie Eagles.

Rick Jones and AW Hamilton when Scott County beat I believe it was Mason County. It was in the late 90's and it is one of my favorite state tourny games but I was a little younger and it seems fuzzy of what year it occurred. I will never forget Rick Jones standing on the table when he hit that shot at the buzzer.

 

This was the 1998 Scott County vs. Lexington Catholic semifinal game in the morning. Maybe one of the greatest games ever and the most exciting finish I've ever seen(I'm a Scott County fan btw). Catholic was also ranked #3 in the nation so it was a really really big deal and I think this is the game that started the huge rivalry between Scott and Catholic.

2004. Dewalt. The Dunk.

 

I will never forget this play! :ylsuper:

2004. Dewalt. The Dunk.

 

:thumb:

 

Another one is Rick Jones' "shot heard 'round Kentucky" in 1998 against Lexington Catholic.

One of my favorite memories, and the thing I miss most, was the voice of PA man John Tong.....especially loved: "Goooaaal byyy Billy Bob Hardy" (Pulaski Co. '86) and "Goooaaal byyy Jimmy John Owens" (Wayne Co. '89)......or how about "Theeee foul was on Houston, his third....aaaaatttt the liiiine...Farmer...and he will have....two."

 

John Tong was the best. :notworthy:

The epic Clay Co./Richie Farmer vs. Ballard/Allan Houston battles

 

Breckinridge County 1995

 

Antwan Barbour's super Saturday in 2000

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.